thirty

"Any clues to the father? Although I'm sure it's one of the patients here." He laughed.

"How can you be so cheery?" I exclaimed angrily, "I'm sixteen and pregnant. Fuck. My Mom-  Oh shit. My Mom is going to disown me." I placed my face in my hands, "I can't do this."

"Calm down." Dr. Charles said softly. "You can figure this out, but we really need to know who the father is so we can bring him in and tell him as well."

"Please don't get mad at him." I begged. I know if he gets into trouble again, he'll get kicked out and have to go to a half way house.

Charles shook his head, "We won't. Just tell us who the father is, please."

"It's Johnny." I breathed out slowly.

Charles looked back at the nurse and she exited to call him in, I guess.

Charles sat his hand on my knee to keep me from freaking out. I didn't believe any of this. It wasn't real, but then it was real. Too real. "We need to alert your parents, Y/N."

"No, God. Please." I begged shamelessly. "Let me tell them. I have to do this. It would be so messed up to hear that over the phone." I thought about it for a second and looked up at the Doctor, "How is this even possible? The facility put me on birth control."

"That's only 91-99% effective." He frowned.

Johnny ran into the room breathless, "Fuck, babe. Sorry it took so long. They told me to come see you while I was getting dressed for gym. What happened?"

Dr. Charles got up and left Johnny and I in the room alone. I automatically started bawling out in tears, not sure how I would tell Johnny.

"Baby?" He asked softly, pulling my hands away from my eyes so he could see the tears drop down my cheeks. "What's wrong?"

I guess my only choice is to tell him up front. I looked into his worried eyes and let the words just come out on their own, "I'm pregnant."

"What?" He said speechless with wide eyes.

"You heard me."

He pulled the rolly chair over in front of me and sat down with the same shocked expression. It's like he couldn't wrap his mind around this topic. Neither could I.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked him calmly, trying to stop being too emotional.

Johnny rested his hand on my knee and I placed my hand over it, "I want to keep it." He paused for a minute, looking down at my stomach. "But it's whatever you wanna do."

I sniffled and nodded, "How am I gonna tell my Mom and Dad? I thought I was going to do better. I fucked up again."

"Hey," Johnny stopped me and placed his fingers under my chin so I'd have to look at him, "We're in this together. I won't let them get mad at you." He chuckled lightly, "After all, it does take two people to make a baby, right?"

I nodded reluctantly.

Johnny got up from the chair to pull me off of the observation into his arms. He wrapped them completely around my body and held me close. I placed my head on his chest to hear a almost steady heartbeat, but I'm sure it was just fast because of this whole moment.

"I'm here for you and whatever you decide." He softly said, swaying us left and right.

THURSDAY NIGHT

I have been packing anxiously. I keep thinking about all the things that are about to happen.

Even after telling my parents about what happened, there's no telling what's going to happen to him. I want him to be with me because I'm not raising this kid by myself.

I'm sure Dad will try to kill Johnny tomorrow. Then Jase will hold him back, but then he'll try to kill him too. Mom will just cry and probably shun me. God, I hope she doesn't shun me. You've gotta believe that I've been trying. I want my old life back to where I wasn't getting into trouble.

Another wave of sickness brushed over me and I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could.

I clutched onto the porcelain bowl wanting this whole thing to stop. Eventually, I finished puking and brushed my teeth before going back out to finish packing.

I grabbed all of the letters that I received in this prison and stuffed them into my duffle. I was so tempted to just run off from the facility but that would just make this so much worse. I have to face thus head on and I don't like that feeling at all.

+

a/n:
i know this is hella short but the next chapter is the one to look forward to :)

-agf