eleven

I sat down in the booth in between Normani and Mom. The waitress who was about forty brought us our drinks then took our order. After she was done, she left us to ourselves to chat.

I kept my stare at the table and left myself in my thoughts while I blocked out the world around me. My thoughts were murdering me just because I don't know how to feel or what to feel, and I'm guessing my facial expression showed my thoughts.

Camila spoke up with a peppy voice, "Cheer up, buttercup."
I snapped out and just nodded towards her.
"Stop pouting about your boyfriend and that girl. There are plenty of other fish in the sea." She smiled at me.
I shook my head, "I couldn't care less about Caleb, and Kara is alright. That's not what's bothering me though. Nothing is bothering me."
"Quit lyin', girl. We know what a heart break looks like." Dinah warmly smiled.
"Whatever." I gritted before laying my head down on the table.

"I have an idea to cheer your spirits up, baby." Mom said softly rubbing circles into my back. I didn't respond. "Since we have some time to ourselves, how about we go shopping? We are close to the Mall of America."
I sighed not moving but I kept listening to everyone around me. Normani got really hype and I could hear it in her voice, "Yes! I've been dying to get a few new outfits."
Mom leaned in to whisper into my ear, "Do you wanna go on a shopping spree?"
I pulled my head up to look at her, "I don't really wanna do anything. Can't we just go back to the bus and hang out?"
"You've got it bad, kid." Lauren said from across the table after taking a sip of her drink, "You obviously need a little girl time."
I groaned, "Fine. I'll go."

Even though I wouldn't be happy with it.

--

The mall wasn't as crowded with fangirls like I thought they would be.

I walked between Mom and Camila and I saw so many people's heads turn towards us. I'm guessing it's because of the fame but I'm not sure. These people looked lustful.

"Let's go to Pacsun, baby girl. You always love going there." Mom said to me.
I shrugged not really feeling up to going into my
favorite store.

It's not that I'm depressed. Well, not completely. I am depressed but it's because I generally think there's something wrong with me. Caleb was the closest thing to an emotion I usually could get, but now he's nothing to me and I feel so lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to crawl back to him. Not at all. I just want to feel again. The oxy! I still have it in my suitcase.

I can get through this afternoon then they'll have to go practice tonight so while they're gone I'll stash a couple away and take a couple. I just need something to get my mind off of all this stuff. All this absolute bullshit.

We entered Pacsun and I went straight to the guy's shirts because they're the best part of this whole place. I mean, they have amazing t-shirts. There was this black shirt that was like a warped picture of Cheech and Chong and I grabbed it automatically because they are some of my favorite stoners. Especially because of their movies.

I grabbed a pair of joggers, a red beanie that had some random company name on it, and a pair of socks. That's usually my go-to for outfits at Pacsun. I mean, I'll buy crop tops but I am in deep need of some chill clothes to be lazy in.

We left the store and Dinah grabbed my bag and started to search through it. "Whatdya get?"
"Just clothes, I guess." I replied shrugging my shoulders and putting on the fakest smile I could.
Dinah pulled out the shirt and held it out, "Aye, Cheech and Chong. This is why you're one of my favorites, kid." I gave Dinah a high five because her and I have always been on the same level on certain topics.
Moms eyes widened when she saw the shirt she just bought for me, "How do you know who these men are?" She asked me.
I smiled, "Well, you did let me go to a public school so I know a few things that I shouldn't." She sighed and put the shirt back in the bag without complaining.

We went around to about a couple more stores before we decided to go to Macy's. At one point, I kind of split apart from the group so I could find some cute clothes without my Mom breathing down my neck.

I went to what I like to call the 'Coachella Clothes' which are all basically clothes that you see everyone wear at that crazy music festival. While I was there, I noticed some guy eye me with his friends from a couple of aisles away. I didn't think much of it. Mostly because I really don't want to try and get into another relationship. Oh, but I'll flirt just because that's what's natural to me thanks to my dad.

I started searching through the high waisted denim shorts to find a two pairs that would definitely look good on me. I went over to the shirts and crop tops to start filing through hangers. I backed up without looking and hit someone's chest with my back. I quickly turned around to see it was the guy that was staring at me only a few moments ago.

"Woah, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He smiled. He had black hair that was shaved off the side but long. His teeth were unnaturally white, and his eyes were bluer than any ocean I've ever seen. He was a really nice catch.
I smiled back to reassure him everything is okay, "It's fine. I should look where I'm going more often."
"I just thought I'd come by and say since you saw me looking over her. I didn't mean to be a complete creep." He laughed. His voice was smooth and a lot more casual than I would expect. He extended his hand in a friendly manner, "I'm Ronnie."
I met his hand with mine, "Nice to meet you Ronnie. I'm y/n."
He seemed proud of himself. Like he's confident but not cocky, and that's a nice vibe to get gel anyone in general.

"Hey Ronnie Boy! There's these amazingly hot women over here. You gotta check them out." A guy said walking into the part where him and I were standing.
Ronnie frowned and looked back to the other guy, "I'm good." He looked back at me with a smirk, "I'm talking to this amazingly beautiful girl right here."
His words caused me to blush without thinking. A compliment in general is nice to hear, so he was doing good so far.
The guy got closer. He was blonde with a white snapback and dark brown eyes. "C'mon man. They are just standing over there. I mean they have to be at least 30 and they are hot." When his friend looked at me, he stopped and his eyes got wide. "Woah. Hi." I nodded as a hello even though I was not feeling too comfortable hearing him talk about some random women like that. He smiled crookedly, "I'm Hayne."
"I'm y/n." I shortly replied.
He scanned his eyes up and down my body and he licked his lips making me feel extremely weirded out. Ronnie could see my expression and rolled his eyes towards Hayne. "Hey man. Just give me like 5 minutes." Ronnie told the blonde.
Hayne nodded and quickly walked away from our area to go check out the 'hot women'.

Ronnie scratched the back of his neck and sighed, "I'm sorry about him. He doesn't know when to stop."
I smiled, "No. It's fine. I'm sure those women are really beautiful."
"They're probably not all that, but I really should go because if I don't catch up to them, they'll leave me here." He laughed. His laugh was actually pretty adorable.
I nodded, "Well, it was nice to meet you Ronnie."
He smirked, "I know this is weird but do you have a phone?"
"Wow, you're smooth."
He put his hands in his pockets and chuckled once more, "I'm trying." I unlocked my phone, went to the phone app, then gave it to him so he could stop typing into the phone. Once he was done, he handed it back to me with a smile. "Well, I'm gonna go but it was great meeting you, y/n."
I nodded, "You too, Ronnie."

--

After I used Mom's card to get my clothes, I went on a search for those 5 women in the hopes they'd be ready to leave so I could get some oxys in my system.

I turned the corner by a Victoria's secret to see three guys lurking in area close to some women. I got closer and saw that it was Ronnie and his two other friends, but then when I got into the line of vision of the women I was shocked.