Chapter 16

Maddie's POV
"Why are you here?" I asked Logan my face never losing the look of shock. "My daughter is one" he said staring at me. He looked around the room then back to me " can we go and talk somewhere privately please" he said noticing the glares he was getting from everyone. I nodded and we went up to my room, we walked in and sat on the bed. It was silent for a few minutes until he pulled a letter out of his pocket giving it to me. " what's this?" I asked reading the letter.

Dear miss Ryan
A custody meeting is scheduled for 29 May 2021. We appreciate your full cooperation with the matter. A letter will be sent to your lawyer and we will discuss this further at the meeting.
________
Merman's lawyer company

I stood up feeling my throat tighten. Tears brim my tears as I stare down at the paper then to my ex. He was looking at his hands then felt my gaze and looked up "it's what's best for darcie" he said looking back down. Tears fell down my cheeks. I took a breath and looked at him " you can't do this" I said he stood up. "Maddie yes I can, I can give her everything she wants in life" he said pointing at the peace of paper. "No you can't because she's not yours " I said wiping my tears " I lied, I did it for the money, one of the people on your old team helped me fake the DNA results they said you were getting out of control so a baby might tame you. Darcie's dad is my ex boyfriend" it hurt me to see the look on his face but I had to do it . He just looked at me eyes all glassy and walked away. I fell down onto the bed shaking and sobbing.