Chaper 18

Maddie POV
I pulled up outside the school. I turned to see Darcie's worried expression on her face. "What's wrong baby?" I asked turning around. "I'm scared to go on my own" she started to cry " awh baby" I said getting out of my car and picking her up. " do you remember when I had to go live with your dad and you were only in my tummy?" She nodded with a pout " well I was really really scared because I had to leave my mommy and daddy but do you know what made me feel better." She shuck her head " knowing that I had you and every time I got scared I thought of you so I want you to think of me every time you get scared ok" she wiped her eyes and nodded. "Good girl now go on in there and let them all meet the amazing Darcie Paul ok" I said as she smiled and ran in. I waited for the doors to close and walked back to the car. I got inside and sat staring at my phone. Thinking about the time I moved to LA had me thinking about Logan and how much he missed out on Darcie's life. I also thought about Darcie and what I'm keeping from her the chance to get to know her dad the chance to spend time with her family. Before I knew it I pressed call on a number that I never thought I would again.