Prince of Knights Chp18

Salam guys, hope you all are well and happy. Enjoy this chapter and check out the pic on the side and NO he is NOT Faris.

__________________________________________________

~If you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. But if you run with dogs, you will learn how to bark~

Just as Sheikh Mubarak's shadow dissolved a moment later Badr called for their attention and knocked on the front door. Jazee leaped to her feet and scurried to open the door for the knight. The women around Raghad departed to provide them privacy. Few seconds later her beloved brother trod in unruffled and glorious followed by a beaming Jazee. When his eyes met Raghad's she took note of the dark shadows the coated around his eyes. Her brows knit in distress when Badr squatted right before her.

"As salamu alikum." he greeted in a serene voice. The brother then took her cold and trembling hands in his large warm ones.

"Wa'alikum as salaam," Raghad responded timidly.

"Did you rest well?" Badr interrogated immensely agitated. Raghad knew the meaning behind his words, he wanted to make certain if that brute did injustice to her.

"Yes brother I did sleep very well." she answered with a weary smile. Raghad saw the look of relief that cascaded over his eyes. Her words appraised him that Faris did not do injustice to her.

"I am certain that you have the knowledge of father's visit." Badr spoke to her but his eyes studied the house, the mud shelves and the silver trays decorated on them.

"Yes, I was informed." she gave a nod and trailed his eyes then scowled and looked down.

"Did you break your fast?" his eyes met hers and he knew she did not.

"I do not want to eat." she dismissed and Badr sighed.

The siblings chatted for a long while, then Badr's presence was requested when Sheikh Faisal reached the tribe accompanied by his sons, Khalid and Salem. Just as promised after Dhuhr prayer and feast her family came to seek Raghad. At the sight of her father, tears trickled down those doe-like eyes. The bride was grateful that the monster had not escorted her family for she did not desire to display her tears to that man whatsoever.  

Sheikh Faisal buried his pride and sat there with his daughter for a while. Oh, how it kindled his heart to sit in the house of the man who demolished not only his daughter's life but his family as well. His dearest Raghad was captive in this house, by Allah being in this tribe, his dignity splintered. Few tormenting moments later Faisal decided to depart for the tent, he could not endure it any longer. Although his face remained impassive, his insides twisted as if daggers were rammed straight through his chest.

The day sailed over desert with utter anguish and herculean effort for both Rashideens and Borkans. No one was glad by the presence of the other. At last, when dusk approached Sheikh Faisal commanded his tribesmen to mount their horses and travel back. His farewell to Sheikh Mubarak was cold, so bitter that it could slice a block of ice. The men who stood nearby felt their words cut down courage.

Badr as expected, denied his father's orders and chose to remain with his sister. They_the Borkans_had settled a tent for him near Sheikh Mubarak's house. As a Bedu he cherished tents, the free feel of it did not fluster him. There was another ground as to why he demanded for a tent instead of a mud room. Borkans were not to be trusted, they can assassinate him any minute, regardless of his sister living in the tribe. In his Khaima(tent) he could detect any peril that lurked outside and slaughter whoever wished to welcome their merciless end.