Prince of Knights Chp7

Salam and hello ladies and fellas. Whz up? How are y'all doing? I hope you people like this chapter. SORRY for the mistakes.

______________________________________________________

~*~The rose's rarest essence lives in the thorns ~*~ Rumi

Faris was aware the instant Raghad had stepped out of the tent and walked ahead. He observed his wife with dead, dispassionate eyes, her green velvet gown glistered in the sun that had just escaped the clouds. The black shawl was securely encased around her head to cover her hair. When the woman had raised her head to look up, Faris dropped his eagle eyes, in order for her to see who her spouse was. 

Faris waited for a moment as he pretended to be engrossed in Badr's conversation. Memories from yesterday displayed in his mind. He did not know Raghad was by the creek, he had been thirsty after the events that happened. It flabbergasted him when he had seen her, he was infuriated by the girl who doomed his fate. The animal within goaded him to commit an act just to terrify his bride and teach her a lesson she must never forget and visit the creek unescorted. When he had taken a few threatening steps ahead, those tears had halted him and hatred had clashed in his chest.

With the clench of his jaw, he looked up only to see the utter rage in Raghad's eyes, however, Faris did not pay heed to her naive fury. She was now his Khateeb (betrothed) and he knew how to control his price. He surpassed the urge to grin when the woman stepped back and marched away while he stood with Badr.

From this conversation Faris learned a little about both Rashideen siblings, very little indeed. They were intelligent and did not permit Faris to peek in their comportment. With Faris's hawk-like adroitness he came to comprehend that Khalid became apoplectic whenever he mentioned something uninvited. Whereas, Badr, the well-known sagr of knights, wore a mask to disguise his real temperament.

Faris knew very well to take great precautions when it came to Badr, voice every word with great vigilance when Badr was present. Faris was contented the beast of Arabian desert had at last encountered his opponent. "Let us take shelter under those tents ya Faris," Khalid offered, with his fingers entwined behind his back.

"Yalla," Faris acceded and followed the brothers who led towards the tents on their right, near one of the wells.

His lips twitched into a secret grin when men from Al Rashideen did not cringe away from him, indeed he was tall, broad but the tribe possessed hearts of steel beating inside their chests. However, he did take note of the severe horror that flickered in their eyes when he approached. His smile broadened when he saw from the corner of his eye how Badr scrutinized his moves intently. Badr's curiosity that oozed from him did not evade Faris.

A sumptuous feast was served and yet again their benevolence and hospitality amazed him. Lanterns illuminated the tent despite the sun the grinned down on earth, wind dared to peak now and then to catch a glimpse of two notorious knights, that even wind feared. At Faris's pitch-dark eyes wind shivered and swayed his hair. Faris trailed his dark eyes over the food prepared for thirty men or so. Before he swallowed his first bite Faris twisted his head to face Badr and Khalid.

"Food tastes better when more people are gathered. It will not be pleasant if this was returned cold to them, call your men ya Badr, call them," Faris ordered in a voice that did not sound stern but was absolute. 

"Insha'Allah," Khalid vocalized as he rose to his feet, walked out of the mighty tent, and moments later returned accompanied by many men. Al Rashideens greeted Faris with cold hearts and joined the lavish feast.

 He uttered a word when questions were inquired of him and remained silent most of the time. After almost an hour that crawled by a young boy walked up to Faris and announced his mother's news. He rose to stand to his glorified height, ambled out of the tent followed by Badr. Both formidable knights halted a few feet away from the tent where Raghad had come out from. Once the camels and his horse were brought to where they stood, Faris seized the reins of his horse, Tufan.