Prince of Knights Chp10

Salam and hello, hope you guys will enjoy this chapter.

_______________________________________________

~*~*Facts about ME: People say I have done Literature but I still DON'T know the difference between Adjective and Adverb~*~*

 Raghad gazed through her long lashes while her beloved mother cleansed her gash, water threatened to stream down her doe-like eyes, but she blinked them away. The pain was relentless and merciless, every bone in her left leg throb. She lifted her head to look at Badr, who did not abandon her side the instant she arrived. Their father, Sheikh Faisal demanded for the entire tale. Raghad did not have another alternative but to narrate each and every detail. Indeed the prince and princess's encounter and the hapless journey was veiled from the tribe and from what Badr notified his sister, Faris desired the same.

When Umm Badr jabbed the clothe on her wound Raghad hissed, "Ya Allah, Ummaya please be benign."

"Do not vocalize a word, Raghad! You are to be his bride and before the nikah he has not only seen you but spent a great amount of time without the presence of your family," those words penetrated her strength further and water brimmed her eyes anew.

"Mother, forgive me but I wish for you to leave me with my Raghad for a while." came Badr's serene voice as he squatted next to his mother.

After a moment of flustering quietude their mother departed. Badr took Raghad's face in his fingers to scrutinize it but there were no sentiments in those brown eyes. He exhaled, sat down then grabbed an immaculate clothe and commenced to encase it around her gash. After a while he spoke "It was indeed very ingenious of him," his voice was scarcely audible.

"I was terrified," A sob escaped Raghad's lips and chained her arms around his neck promptly, she could not remain silent any longer, she needed to tell him what was in her heart. "Badr, by Allah I was terrified of him and the demon that blazed in his eyes," she cried. Badr grit his teeth and caressed her hair, oh, how he wished to shed blood that moment.

"Do not weep sister I beg of you," the brother entreated and pulled away from her. Raghad blinked a few times to propel back her tears. "I comprehend the prime reason behind your actions. You wished to have some time to yourself," he brushed his thumb on her cheek. "I knew my sister would never commit such a discreditable act, the act of fleeing and sacrificing tribesmen's lives. However, you must know I was petrified for you, peril of all sort lurks out there, Raghado," he knot the cloth and once again gazed in the eyes of his beloved sister.

"I truly need no, I starve for some time," she murmured.

Badr nodded, "I understand and I will never coerce you, you must take all the time you need," he rose to his feet, tossed the ends of his headdress on both shoulders eyes on Raghad. "Although, I can surely command you to sleep now," he teased with a small smile which did not reach his rich eyes.

Raghad wanted to protest she needed her knight with her but her body yearned for sleep so she watched her brother walk away then gradually leaned back and laid on the mattress. Her mind twirled like a cartwheel, spinning in rapid, vicious circles. Promptly it halted on someone, anger soared in her bosom. She twisted on her side and closed her eyes tightly, prayed that something, anything occurred so that she could not wed that tall brute!

~~

Faris noiselessly proceeded with his dinner, no one had the knowledge of his whereabouts and no one dared to question him. Sheikh Mubarak had long gone noshed and retired for the day. Nasser sat alongside him, gigantic and sublime. Shouq poured her mother water in a silver pot and continued with her dinner. Fahd along with his younger siblings ate silently. Faris took note of how Nasser glanced at him now and then, for the women in the household it was reasonable that men returned home at night, but for Nasser, he knew his brother concealed something from him and for that reason only Faris wished to not encounter Nasser.