Prince of Knights Chp41

Just a small request when you guys demand for a new chapter try to be a little gentle. The snarky attitude really extinguished my passion to write. 

OH YES! Those who do not follow me on instagram don't know that I might be writting a book on BADR and the lovely Shouq. 

______________________________________________________

  ~*"If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?" Rumi~*

The fair around them went soundless, so quiet that Raghad had to move her head left to right to make certain if tribesmen were still around them. The visitors did not pay attention to the trading, their eyes did not gaze at the striking garments that gleamed under the winter sun. They stared ahead, no, not at Faris who, by Allah, was a sight to behold, but rather towards an individual who dared to cause a commotion in Faris's presence.

Raghad made an attempt to stand beside her spouse, but Faris pushed her behind him yet once again. She surveyed as the man, Abdulaziz who had once accused Badr of being a murderer the one to kill his brother Ali, being held by two other tribesmen. Just like the small crowd around them, Raghad was incapable of comprehending the man's unfathomable actions.

Unexpectedly, the man was unshackled from the tribesmen's hold, with that he marched like a beast towards Faris and drew out his sword. Raghad gasped and unconsciously spread her fingers on the rigid muscles of his back to fortify her heart. Why was this man foolish enough to strike at Faris? What had caused him to make his way to Faris, the leader of this tribe, her spouse with blood red eyes?

Those vicious eyes did not glower at Faris, they looked at something beyond him. Those eyes reminded her of death, of frozen blood on a moonless night and those eyes glared at her. In a blink of an eye, the man leaped forward like a hungry wolf ready to tear limbs apart. One moment she stood behind Faris the other a force so swift and powerful pushed at her abdomen with such might that Raghad fell back on her hands with a speed that her veil fell leaving her face bare to the world and tiny stones ripped her skin.

With a gasp, she looked up in time to see that Faris was the one who had pushed her to shield her from the sword that made its way to her. Raghad watched entranced, as if the man before her had uttered a spell on her, a spell that captivated her, stole her breath and sealed it in a glass jar. Ya Allah, if words could do justice if her eyes could write what she witnessed. Faris stood before the sword that was meant for her without terror, without a moment's hesitation.

He possessed the speed of a serpent, it baffled her that a man so tall, so broad could move with such elegance with such lethal beauty. Raghad understood that moment as to why he was entitled the knight of knights. Faris dodged the blade without any difficulty, she saw it in Faris's movements that he endeavored to not slaughter Abdulaziz. Every time Abdulaziz lifted his sword the knight would move or push him back with his large hands.

"What on earth is the matter with you?" Demanded a cold voice, a voice Raghad knew would melt her insides if it was directed towards her.

"If you, ya Sheikh do not wish to avenge my brother then I will kill her. I will kill the Rashideen." Abdulaziz barked causing a loud gasp to hiss pass her lips and she sprang to her feet.

"If you do not halt this moment, by Allah, you shall regret it." Faris threatened as he held Abdulaziz's wrist in a vicious grip. The man pushed at Faris's chest, but it was in vain. "You believe you can execute her? You think I will permit you a moment to breathe once your sword pierces her skin?" Faris growled in a low voice that only she and Abdulaziz could hear.