41

Jennie's POV

It's been 2 weeks Jisoo locked herself in her house. Our company give money to all media to stop any news spreading about the situation. There's so much hates throwing at her. Me, Rosé and Lisa go to her almost everyday to her house but she never really talked to us.

Just like now, I'm sitting in front of her but she is just staring out of the window.

Jennie: chu... how are you feeling??

I stared at her tired face. The dark circles are the proof of her not getting sleep. Her skin looks dry, lips are chapped. I hold her hand, she just hummed.

Jennie: you need to fix yourself... you can't mess up with your career. We have schedules upcoming week.

Jisoo: I know... I got the call.

Her voice sounds empty. I felt guilty again. Only if I leave them to live happily, maybe it wouldn't happened.

Jisoo: you should go now... it's getting late.

She said without tearing her eyes from the window. I looked at the clock, it's 9 in the night. I was about to say good bye but something else come out from my mouth.

Jennie: gonna stay here for the night.

She looked at me curiously.

Jennie: uhh well... I don't have any schedule for tomorrow... i wanna get out from my house also.

I explained, thinking maybe Jisoo might ask.

Jisoo: okay... you must haven't eaten dinner yet?

She asked getting up from the couch.

Jennie: mm yeah..

She is already in the kitchen, as I followed her. I noticed she is trying to whisking the eggs but spilling it on her clothes.

Jennie: you are still a messy pabo...

I giggled, going behind her.

Jisoo: duh! Don't call me messy--

She stopped talking as I tried to pull her sleeves up but accidentally gives her a back hug. My heart beats faster than ever. My right arms is around her tummy. I can feel the beating of her heart.

Jisoo: yo-you can release me now.

She stuttered after a few seconds later, her voice is sounds nervous for the first time in a while.

I moved away. To stop the awkwardness she started to cook and ask me some random things.

Sometimes I think, why did I even left her? She is just so perfect. She can make you feel happy with even trying. I had the perfect relationship with her. Then why did I left her broken? And now... why am I falling deeply for her again? Maybe because I never really moved on. Maybe it's just a moment of weakness when I left her for Lisa. I really lov--

Jisoo: hey Jen! Are you okay?

She shook me. I get startled.

Jennie: o-ohh yeah. I'm okay. Just thinking about something.

She nodded.

We already finished eating. Now we are watching some random shows that going on in Tv, though we are engrossed in our own thoughts.

Jisoo: how are you and Lisa doing?

Her sudden question caught me off guard.

Jennie: huh? We are doing fine, except sometimes she treats me like shit.

Jisoo: maybe she isn't move on yet and wants you back.

She chuckled, but her words didn't sounds like joke. I stared at her amused.

Jennie: what are you thinking? She cheated on me, always treated me like shit and only wants sex! I fucking don't wanna be with her.

I grumbled, slumping back in the couch. She started to laugh suddenly.

Jennie: what??

Jisoo: don't you think it's the same situation just like happened with us before?

She asked almost casually. The question felt like a punch to my gut. I dunno what to say.

Jennie: uh...

Jisoo: just kidding... you will be okay soon.

She saw me uncomfortable with the topic. So she just diverted it with some work topics.

How am I gonna be okay when I'm still in love with you but you are with someone else?

Jisoo: manager oppa said that... the scandal died down.

Her become quieter. I nodded.

Jennie: they handled it well.

Jisoo: hmm... in between this I lost her.

She whispered, pain evident in her voice. I moved closer wrapping my arm around her shoulder as she laid her head on my shoulder. I know she is gonna talk about her. I want her to share her pain with me.

Jisoo: last time I left her in this house before leaving for the company... she hugged me a-and said don't l-leave me... she said she is afraid and wanted me to stay with her.

I felt the wetness on my shirt, she is crying. I caress her arm, let her talk.

Jisoo: she have some weird hobbies... sniffing my hair and neck. She said she love my scent. She always hold my hand and loves to sleep on top of me.

I clenched my fists... because it's hurting me to listen to this.

Jisoo: she was the best gift God even gave me... but it's my fault that I couldn't keep her safe.

And you are the best gift that I let go...

_______________________________________