Losing Game/// James Potter

"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her friend, 

"You know I can't do that. He's my best friend, and h-he's in love with his perfect Lily-flower," Elsie sighed as tears began forming in her eyes.

"But, Elsie... you don't see the way he looks at you, he-," his sentence was cut off by the girl with tears running down her face.

 "I don't see how he looks at me, but I see how he looks at her! And, t-that's enough to know that I will n-never be good enough to be with h-him," she snapped through stifled words.

"But why don't you just tell him? Why don't you let yourself have a chance at happiness for once?" he asked stepping forwards, wiping her cheeks with his thumbs."Because...loving him is a losing game. Either way, I'm the one getting hurt," Elsie whispered, falling into the arms of the boy in front of her.

------------------------------------------------

Summary:

There are some stories that I can sometimes lose focus on, and my mind begins to kind of drift over paragraphs and skip chapters, but I read every single word of each 83 chapters of this book. This story is a marauders era, James Potter love story featuring an original character. I am sure all of us have read some Marauders Era fanfic where this is cool fun bad-ass girl original character who is the fifth member of the Marauders and has a romance with one of them. Though they have their differences, I have read many of these fanfictions. This is not one of those stories. The main character is names Elsie, she has been best friends with James Potter almost her entire life, she also has been in love with him forever. This story follows her and all of our other favorite marauder's era characters through their seventh year at Hogwarts, and into the first wizarding war. 

This fanfiction is a beautiful love letter to the Marauders era. The author writes in different points of view from different characters to create a beautiful web of understanding for how connected the young people are. Each character is developed beautifully during the story and it is almost impossible not to love Elsie and all of her friends. There are many things from the Marauders Era that are not explained well in the original Canon, but this author uses the original character to explain everything. Even though it is a James Potter romance that involves a bunch of conflicts with Lily, the story somehow manages not to hugely affect or change the Canon of the Harry Potter story. You may ask how the author is able to mess with the James and Lily love story while still keeping true to the sincerity and truth of the story, but trust me, the author does it, and it is perfect. 

Everything I ever knew in my heart about the personality of Remus, Sirius, Peter, Regulus, Snape, Lily, Marlene, and James Potter, is exquisitely articulated in this story. Everything each character does is exactly how it seems they would act, and it is written so realistically that they make choices that real people would make in their situations not just how a character should act to move a specific plot point along. I read every word of this story, and the characters became so alive in my mind. The story focuses on tons of minor themes and conflicts throughout the story that gives the reader time to invest in each character and fall in love with the story. There is a bunch of romance drama that is fun and heartbreaking, but the story is far from just a romance novel. I would say this story is about fierce friendship and unconditional love. There is a little something for everyone in this book, and I feel like if you are reading this summary it would be a crime not to go read this book. 

This book has a bunch of scenes that are funny, heart-warming, aggravating, heartbreaking, uplifting, and basically every emotion a person can feel. There are also some scary scenes that deal with the more mature subject matter. The author does a wonderful job of giving content warnings at the beginning of any sensitive chapter. There are some violent scenes that have a content warning, but there is also a warning for each chapter that contains sexually explicit scenes. Let me just say, the plot of this story is incredible, but the author also has a wonderful talent for writing super hot sex scenes. If you aren't into reading those, there are warnings and you can skip the chapters, but if you are into those types of scenes, you will not be disappointed by the number of scenes, nor the quality. The sex scenes are magnificent *chef's kiss*.

I know I did not reveal much about the plot, but it is because I want you to experience each detail of this book for yourself. Please check out this story.

Note:

No notes, I hope you are having a great day! You are loved. 

This story can be found on my profile in the "Best Harry Potter Fanfictions on Wattpad" reading list. 

This chapter is dedicated to the author.

Author: gryffinpufffffff

If you have read this, let others know what you think in the comments and by voting.