March to the Sea - George Weasley

Lorelei Calypso is a half-breed in the wizarding world. When her father seduced a beautiful mermaid, she was born into a time of war and pain.

The Weasley family takes her in as their own when Lorelei embraces her wizarding genes. Follow Lorelei in her time at Hogwarts with the infamous pranking trio: Fred, George, and Lee.

Once Harry Potter makes his debut at Hogwarts, everything changes. A war is on the rise, and Lorelei is ready to fight for the ones she loves. She is ready to defend her home and her family.

---------------------------------------------------

Summary:

Wow wow wow. If anyone wants to be completely invested in a unique plot from the Harry Potter story that gives a totally fresh perspective. This story is very long. This is not a bad thing, at all, it is actually very good. Lorelei is a mermaid, and it is such a wonderful additive to the story. She is half-wizard, half-mermaid. Her mother cares for her when she is underwater, but when she is in the Wizarding world, she stays at Hogwarts or with the Weasley family. The story has a beautifully intimate look into the Weasley family dynamic. The story is set from two years before Harry enters Hogwarts, to past the last battle. Lorelei is a really great original character, and her and George's relationship makes my heart soar. 

One of my favorite parts of the story is how we get to dive into the different members of the Weasley family and the reader falls even deeper in love with them all. The book is filled with tender, funny, and stressful moments. The author clearly has an in-depth knowledge of the Harry Potter series and portrays everything exactly the way it should be. It also brings light to the favoritism Molly shows towards her other kids and addresses how the twins are treated. This book is filled with everything a reader wishes they could have said to the characters during the original series but couldn't. 

There are tons of original characters added throughout the story, and you can tell the author deeply cares for all the characters and this story is very important to them. Everything is totally original. The author found ways to avoid using the same language that most fanfictions use to describe certain aspects of the story, and it made this feel fresh. We also get to experience the Harry Potter storyline from two years older than the golden trio. The twins and Lorelie leave Hogwarts after Order of the Pheonix, which gets to show what life is like on the outside during the build-up of the war. Also, the characters actually act their age! There is no dramatic, "I have to protect you, I am going to RUN AWAY!!!!!". There are instead mature decisions and wonderful conflict. 

I cannot say enough good things about this story. Please vote for every chapter and comment on things that you like while reading it. This author deserves way more attention for this story. 

Notes:

I am getting married in a couple of months. Harry Potter is such a huge part of my life and I want to incorporate it into my wedding. Do you guys have any ideas? What is a song from Harry Potter that I could use for something, or subtle decorations? 

This chapter is dedicated to the author.

Author: totsbreaux12

Link: 

If you have read this, let others know what you think in the comments or by voting.