2.9

~Feya~

In vain have I struggled,

It will not do.

You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

Life isn't like novels apparently. People constantly tell kids and teenagers that they should read books but then they say life isn't how it is described in books. It's not easy as it seems in books. People aren't perfect and they constantly make mistakes.

For example that bet was a mistake. Things didn't end up like they would in a book. When Luke said I won I tried to convince him and mostly myself that yes. I did it, I won. Even him.

But is that true? Νο.

And since all this isn't enough, when I tried to talk to him he was all distant and empty? I don't know how to explain it.

I thought that dinner with dad and Luke was the most awkward I ever had but I guess I was wrong again. This one was by far the most awkward situation I had ever been. Our families didn't know any of this so they kept talking and asking questions like nothing had happened. Which was pretty annoying if you ask me.

Like it wasn't enough having mum think that me and Luke are meant for each other, now Liz thinks so too. They're giggling and talking about the "relationship" even after both me and Luke told them that it's not real. Whatever they think they see isn't real. But would they listen? You know the answer...

"I'm done. Sorry but I have an English report to get to" Luke said and simply got up and left the table. Liz didn't look happy and neither did his dad but I think they didn't say anything because we were there. I mean, who argues with their child in front of others? Not my parents for sure. They wait till we get home. So they can scream as much as they like.

After mum and Liz took the plates and left towards the kitchen saying that dessert will be served in a while since it's not ready yet, the two fathers too Jason away as dad was bragging about Jason's acceptance letter.

I have to apply somewhere too. My lucky brother already knew what he wanted to do since he was 10 so it wasn't really difficult for him. I still don't know which school is the better for me. Everything is just too much at the moment.

So while everyone was busy I took out my phone and tried to occupy myself while trying to pass my previous high score on subway surfers. This think gets harder after some time. But my peaceful idea of passing the time didn't really work out because apparently Jack was bored too. And didn't have games on his phone.

"Hello" he said smiling while sitting down to Luke's previous seat across from me.

"Hi" I said sighing. I had to lose so I won't be rude so I let the little running guy hit a train and put my phone away.

"How are you?"

"Perfect" I mumbled and pursed my lips. This is pointless.

"What have you done to my brother?" he asked with a permanent smile on his lips.

"Nothing obviously" I said and smiled back at him.

"I'm not saying I like the asshole him but I don't really like this either. Did you like...I don't know played with him or something?" he asked with his smile disappearing for a while when he frowned.

"I did. But so did he so we're even right?" I said back. Now I lost all interest to this conversation.

"He's a mess" he mumbled when our mothers came back in with clean plates and a massive chocolate cake.

"So am I" I simply said and focus my attention to the cake.

"I'll be right back. I'm taking a piece to Luke" Liz said and quickly left upstairs. She then came back downstairs smiling.