2.0

~Luke~

Science class couldn't be more boring. The teacher talked and talked about how we should pay attention because Science might save our lives in the future. Or make us famous billionaires.

He demanded to be in our Nobel prize speech.

This guy is nuts.

When the bell finally rang I got out of the room as fast as possible. I decided to ask Calum about homework later and I made my way towards my locker. Stuffing the book inside and grabbing my English one; I shut the locker and turned around.

Great. Another boring lesson.

The worst part is that Feya will be there.

During the whole weekend and the first two periods I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid fight. Stupid couple-like fight. This isn't me. I just want to avoid her. She texted me on Sunday saying she would come to band practice. And what did I do? I called Michael said I was sick and never went to practice.

"Luke?" fuck no. And I did such a great job avoiding her for two days. Damn.

"Hey, wait up" she said; taking a hold of my arm and stopping me. I sighed and looked down at my bag; pretending to look for something.

"Are you ok?" she asked again.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're avoiding me" she stated. I sighed and looked up. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest and a determined look on her face.

"Okay, I do" I said and walked away.

"If this is about the stupid fight on Friday, forget it! It meant nothing" she said following me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked irritated. Like I didn't want to erase the damn fight. I did. I guess I was a bit surprised.

"We have the same class idiot" she mumbled sarcastically.

"Okay. I freaked out with the stupid fight, alright?"

"But why?"

"Because it was like we were a freaking couple" I said lowly and saw her roll her eyes.

"That's stupid" she stated as we entered the class and took our seats. She placed her book on the desk and took out a pen. Then she proceeded to turn around.

"Get over it" she mumbled right before she turned her attention to her book.

"Fine" I mumbled and she sighed. She turned back around to face me.

"I need you"

"Need me how?" I asked with a smirk overtaking my face.

"Not like that" she said laughing while rolling her eyes.

"Then how?"

"Math" was all she said with sadness in her eyes. She let out a sigh and started saying that I would be a lifesaver and that she will be forever grateful and I just couldn't help but laugh.

"Stop laughing and say that you'll help me" she said while playfully punching my shoulder.

"Well let me consider your proposition. Forever grateful huh?"

"Very grateful" she assured me while nodding her head. Her eyes were wide and she was smiling and this honestly was a really funny sight. No wonder I can't avoid her for long.

"And what are you willing to do just to show how grateful you are?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Jerk. I'll help you with English" she said in a matter of fact tone right before the teacher walked in.

"Deal" I mumbled silently so she could hear me. She nodded her head smiling and opened her notebook and started keeping notes.

---

"What's up?"

"I failed. Again. Ugh!" she sighed and rested her head against her locker. Her hair was braided to the side and I could see how sad she looked. When did she braid her hair?

"It can't be that bad" I said and she just sighed and passed me her test. I took the crumbled up paper and tried to straighten it somehow so I could see what mistakes she made.

F-. That's not good.

"F-?"

"I hate math" she mumbled as she snatched the paper out of my hands.

"I didn't think it was THAT bad" I said and she told me to shut up as we walked to the table Michael, Calum and the girls were sitting.

"Guess I need more help" she mumbled with a sad face.

"With what?" Michael asked her and she smiled weakly at him.

"Math" she said and then both of them made a gagging noise and started laughing. I don't get it. Math isn't that hard. I mean you have a type. You follow that type. Problem solved. Not like English where you have to guess what the writer implied with this and what he meant with that. Like seriously?

"You coming tonight for practise?" Michael then turned his attention to me. I shook my head no.

"Have to go job hunting" I mumbled annoyed. The last thing I want right now is a job but I need the money so. Have to survive this task.

"Good luck with that" Calum mumbled and I sighed. Job hunting and trying to tutor Feya who obviously needs to start Math with grade's 6 problems.

Yay me.

---

"Oh Luke dear come in. How are you?"

"Thank you Mrs Evans. I'm good. Mum says hi." I said smiling. I walked inside the house and took off my shoes and jacket.

"Feya told me you are going to help her with her math homework" Mrs Evans said as she took my jacket.

"That's the plan" I replied and walked upstairs to Feya's room. I knocked on the door and looked mindlessly around the hall till I heard footsteps and Feya opened the door.

"Hi. Come in" she said smiling as she let me in her room. She plopped on her bed where books and notebooks were opened and sighed; waiting for me to gather my stuff and join her.

"So how do we start?" she asked and shrugged her shoulders. Hesitation was written all over her face when I dropped my book on her bed.

"I thought we do a bit of last year's math to refresh your memory and then continue with this year's" I explained and she nodded.

"Alright" she said forcing a determined expression.

"Alright" I said and opened the book.

***

Okay so Addicted stays. Chapter is small bc I didn't have inspiration mostly bc I'm still really bad. I hope you understand that updates will be slow and maybe monthly but your comments and messages made me realize that people actually like what I write so I should try to finish what I start.

Thanks for understanding.