0.9

chapter nine went missing and I'll stay late tonight and tomorrow to fix it. Sorry to any new readers but you have to wait...

This is going to be re-updated partly. Again so sorry...

~Luke~

All I heard was light breathing.

I turned to my right and saw Mercedes laying next to me; her hand laid against my stomach.

I lightly moved her hand swayed sat up on the bed. Last night is such a blur. My head is buzzing and hurting and I sighed as I got up wearing my jeans. I sat back on the bed and heard Mercedes wake up.

"Good morning" she said smiling at me. I looked away and rolled my eyes. I don't know why I'm acting like this with her...if things where different I would probably be head over heals for her but things aren't different. They are the way they are.

"You have to leave. My parents will be home soon" I said not looking at her and heard her sigh. I saw her get up and pick her clothing one by one and putting them on until she was fully dressed and tried to fix her skirt and her shirt so they would look the same way they did last night.

"How long?" she asked; her eyes watering with tears. I looked up at her and sighed.

"For how long what?" I asked in a tired way. I already know where this is going. She will start asking about us...there is no us!!

"How much longer we'll have to do this until you finally change your mind?"

"That's the thing. This is the farthest I'm willing to go." I said seriously and this time she started crying. I sighed and brought her in a hug as she cried harder.

"Please stop crying. I had told you I don't want a relationship" I mumbled and she stopped crying a little. She pulled away and wiped her tears.

"Right. You're right You never said anything about a relationship.. I guess Haley destroyed that option didn't she?" she asked and I nodded. I don't even want to say her name. I really don't.

"Alright" she mumbled as she put on her shoes and looked back at me.

"Friends?" she asked smiling; extending her hand at me.

"Okay" I said and shook her hand. She walked towards my door and opened it ready to leave.

"Friends can still sleep with each other, right?" she asked abruptly before she left.

"I don't think we should continue this Mercedes" I said deciding to end this now; before it became more complicated. She nodded her head and opened the door as she left.

—-

"Did you ask her?" Ash asked me the minute I walked into the local coffee shop.

The smell of vanilla and fresh cut coffee filled me and I sighed as me, Michael and Ash walked in the shop and to a table at the far back.

Here is where Jack and Ben brought me for my first cup of coffee when I was 13. I remember the idiots were laughing with me when I said it was bitter. Now every Christmas when they visit we come here.

It's some sort of tradition. We come here we talk and laugh and do things like that until mum calls and demands us back.

"Hello!! Earth to Luke!" Ash said while waving a hand in front of my face. We ordered our coffees and sat back on the table.

"Good morning to you too" I mumbled annoyed. I remember Ash had asked me to talk to Red since as he said she was really beautiful but a bit 'scary'.