Chapter 38 - Rodeo

It had been difficult sharing a room with all the girls

It had been difficult sharing a room with all the girls. Sure, the hotels were nice. But they kept purposely hiding Rach's things, keeping her awake, anything to push her over the edge to find the welcoming bed in the hotel room down the hall. It had been going on for a week or so.

"You look tired"

Rach looked at her only salvation from this situation. He walked alongside her through the doors of the newest club location they had gone to.

"At least you can hide behind your hair" Rach teased. She yelped as he pushed all of her hair forward over her face. "You're an asshole."

She shook her hair out of her face and ran her fingers through it. She looked around at the empty club. Roadies pushing equipment through. It was the only time she had to herself. Mr Rose didn't get up until late afternoon. She snorted to herself, Mr Rose.

He had asked her to call him that, like he was Clark Gable or some 40s sex icon. He was far from it. He really was the worst pick of the band. She watched as Lola approached the stage looking up at her friend.

"You can call me Mr Slash" He chuckled shortly after Axl tried to introduce himself. They laughed for hours. The girls had mixed feelings about him. He was great in bed, some said the best. But he barely said two words to them. He was not interested in drama of any kind. Especially groupie drama. But he would talk to her, she guessed he liked being around her.

She watched as Lola grinned as she watched him soundcheck. Almost gyrating along to the notes he was playing. He was like a Snake charmer with his guitar, not realising that Lola was the tackiest Cobra of them all. She grimaced and sat down at the bar. She couldn't drink yet. Too early.

"You got a phone?" She asked the bartender who was slicing lemons. He pointed to the back and she thanked him. She walked around the back and found the phone. dialled the bus number and waited. The tone went on and on, as she tapped her foot against the wall. Surely someone could pick up the damn phone.

Thoughts of Nikki being strung out or him asleep with some random girl bombarded her thoughts. She hated herself, she was never ever paranoid over men. She would love them and leave them. She didn't like who she had turned into. She hung up the phone and leant against the wall. It was too hard.

She walked out the club and onto the street. There weren't any music stores that she could find, but she did see an art supplies store. She headed in and felt excitement for the first time in forever. It had been so long since she had done anything creative.

-

"What is this?" Mick asked as Nikki handed him some lyrics. Nikki had been writing all morning, ever since they arrived at the arena. This next album was gonna be good, he could feel it.

"I wrote it, I was thinking of Rach and well. Look, just.." Mick watched as Nikki waved the paper at him. Almost embarrassed by it. Mick snatched the paper off Nikki with a grin. "Fucking kids."

Laughin' like gypsies show to show
Living my life like a rolling stone
This is how my story unfolds
Traveling man, never at home
Can't find love so I sleep alone
This whisky river has a long way to flow

Another day, another night on stage
Lights go down, time to turn the page
Was this all I ever wanted to be
Six hundred miles the highway calls
Another long day now the hours get small
Riding out this rock and roll rodeo
All that I know is life on this road
Long way from home
In this rodeo.

Nikki headed back to the bus, the driver had gone for a walk. He was itching to know if she had called for him. He couldn't call her, she didn't have a permanent number. He just had to wait.

"Tommy, I've wrote a bunch of shit" Nikki said excitedly as Tommy sat down opposite him. Tommy was happy that Nikki seemed so into the music again. That there was life breathed back into him. Nikki watched as a blonde walked up the aisle and sat by Tommy with a smile.

"I'm sure it sounds awesome man. This is Chloe" Tommy said introducing the girl. Nikki gave her a half hearted nod. As he watched Tommy become distracted by the girl, he sighed wishing she would call. He realised he was very much alone.

-
"Axl is bitchin about how you won't sleep with him" Slash mentioned as he sat by Rach. They would kill time together before the show began. Rach handed him a note as he sniffed the line off the bar. It was funny how Coke had a crazy affect on Nikki, but it just gave Slash a funnier edge.

"I could be the shittiest lay ever for all he knows" Rach chuckled and she sniffed. "I don't get his obsession."

"He has some little war in his mind. Guns vs Crue. You are part of it" Slash responded. Rach stared at him and he shrugged. "It's stupid. But it's Axl."

"I really don't want to sleep with him" Rach groaned as she put her head on the bar.

"Then don't sleep with him" He responded simply, patting her on the shoulder. Rach grunted and sat back up. "What's the but?"

"The girls are making my sleeping arrangements unbearable" Rach mumbled. "It's sick really."

"Stay with me" He said shooting her a sweet smile. "If I want to get laid, I will just go to the girls' room."

"You'd do that for me?" Rach cooed as she hugged him. "No, are you being serious?"

"Yeah, it's nothing" He said with a shrug. "Just no snoring."

"You are a babe Mr Hudson" Rach smiled as she jumped up.

"Watch it" He warned. She stuck her tongue out at him and headed into the back. She had to tell Nikki that she finally would get some peace and quiet.

-

Nikki had hosted many drug fuelled parties that Slash had come to. He had become a really good friend. A really good drug friend.

"Are you okay?" Rach asked at his silent tone. She had just told him her new rooming options. "He has twin beds, it's not like we'd be sleeping together."

"Rach, I trust you. I trust him, for the most part" Nikki mumbled. He knew how much Slash enjoyed sex, especially high. He wondered if Rach knew the extent of Slash's addiction. Sex, Drugs and Alcohol.

"He's sleeping with a lot of the groupies, don't worry" Rach assured. "He knows that we are...Well, whatever we are."

"Whatever we are?" Nikki repeated as he leant against the drivers seat. He sat down and put his feet up on the dash.

"Well, I don't know" She moaned as she twirled the cord around her finger. She felt a little panic at even mentioning it. She didn't want to push him away. "It doesn't matter. Tell me about your new songs."

Nikki licked his lips, she had a point. He never wanted to be tied down to a label before. But now he was coming round to the idea. Plus he had to make sure those guys knew their place. He would have to show her exactly what they were.