Chapter 23 - True Faith

"I used to think that the day would never comeI'd see delight in the shade of the morning sunMy morning sun is the drug that brings me nearTo the childhood I lost, replaced by fear

I'd see delight in the shade of the morning sun
My morning sun is the drug that brings me near
To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear..."

The ceiling of the hotel room was spinning. It had been a long time since she had a bad high. She was offered some tabs in a bar, like an idiot she took them.

She could feel the tears gracing her cheeks, wet track marks down her face. She looked to her left, no Nikki. She couldn't remember where he went. She wouldn't be surprised if they left her here, in the middle of nowhere. Panic, panic she couldn't feel.

She sat up after what felt like hours. Naked, there were marks. Consensual marks.  A knock at the door frightened her, her breath stuck in her throat. Her hands shook as she reached for the door. As soon as she pulled the door open, Tommy barged in with Nikki on his shoulder. She could only watch as Tommy kicked the bathroom door open and place Nikki in the shower. Turning it on, they could only watch. Nikki was lifeless, completely lifeless.

"I don't understand.."

She saw a disappointed look cross Tommy's face as he looked at her.

"I got a call to say Nikki was dead. He's not but damn he was close" Tommy sighed. "I don't know where he got the smack from."

"I can't remember last night Tommy" She said holding her head. The cough from Nikki brought them back to reality. He groaned as he sat against the tiles, not trying to move from the stream of cold water. He looked like he was used to it.

"Dude, what happened?" Tommy asked as Nikki ran a shaky hand over his face.

"We smack buddies now Rach?" Nikki grinned as he stared at her arm. She frowned and looked at the mark on her arm. She thought it was sexual.

"I wouldn't have done that" Rach shook her head. "No way in hell."

"You will do anything I ask you too" Nikki smirked, closing his eyes.

—-

The show was amazing, it really was. No Vanity, Vince wasn't being a dick. It was just nice. They spent time together just joking around. She sat on Nikki's lap as he ran his hand across her back.

"There's a guy asking for you out here Rach" Mick mentioned as he walked into the room. Each nodded as she grabbed her bag, going through it. She had promised a local dealer some Coke in trade of some tabs. She had picked up at every show, selling it on. She just kept it very quiet.

She headed out, leaving Nikki quizzing her sudden new friend waiting outside. He looked at Mick who shrugged.

"Maybe she's sucking dick for some favours" Vince snorted as he drank.

"She wouldn't do that man" Tommy shook his head, he looked at Nikki's worried expression. "You know she wouldn't."

Nikki stood up and headed out to the corridor, nobody there. He put his ear to all the closets he came across, nothing. He pushed open the back door of the venue to see Rach stood by a black car, talking to some guy. He wished she would stop dealing. She was risking too much.

She walked away, surprised to see Nikki stood there. She didn't say anything, just slipped a tab into his hand. She put a finger to her lips with a smirk before heading back into the arena.

Nikki looked at the guy, he was staring at him. Everyone seemed to know Sixx had a problem. The guy smirked, waving a bag to him. He swallowed hard. He walked over to the guy, flicking the bag of Heroin hovering in the guys hand.

"You have any more deals with Rach?" Nikki asked. The guy nodded.

"I'll pay you $300 for the bag and for you to leave her alone. Cut her out of the deals." Nikki ordered.

Rach lay back with her head on Tommy's lap. This tab was strong, she was tripping like crazy. She wondered if Nikki was tripping just as bad.

"I need to go find Nikki" Rach mentioned but Tommy was leading her and the other guys to a club up the road. Nobody seemed to hear her.

Nikki sat in the bathroom of the club, staring at the powder in front of him. He had already done some bumps. He needed Rach, he was freaking out. He didn't have his gun, there were too many people out to kill him. He wasn't in the comfort of his own home.

Rach found herself surrounded by colours, voices sounded far away. She felt the music of the club physically pulsating through her.

Nikki opened the door to the toilet slowly, he could see Rach wandering around. She seemed pretty fucked. He called her over, she smiled as she reached him.

"I found you" She smirked, throwing her arms around him. He held her close as he looked around, panic. Too many people. He pulled her into the bathroom and locked the door.

"What's wrong?" She asked confused, she could feel him shaking. Fear setting into her as well. He explained someone was coming for them both. She watched as he tied the belt around his arm. He took out his lighter as he started to melt the heroin in a soda cap he had found.

"This is the only thing that makes them go away Rach." Nikki said as he put her hand on his cheek. She looked into his eyes and swallowed, she couldn't understand what was happening. He put the liquid into the needle and found a vein, sticking it in. She watched the euphoria overtake him as he relaxed against the wall.

She was panicking, she needed to calm down too.

"Let me help you Rach." Nikki said taking her hands slowly and kissing them. "Let me help you."

-

"I don't believe this" She murmured as she lay back on the hotel bed. "I said I would never and now..."

"You won't get hooked if you don't do it again" Tommy mentioned as he stroked her hair. "It's so fucked."

"This is dangerous for me Tommy" Rach cried as he hugged her. "I can't be around this, I can't do this."

Tommy could feel her hyperventilating as Nikki leant against the bedroom wall, watching and smiling. Tommy knew that Heroin turned Nikki into the anti-Christ.

"Send her home, vanity knows how to handle speedballing" Nikki spat. Tommy glared at him.

"Get the fuck outta here Sixx. You've fucked yourself once again" Tommy yelled.