Chapter 28 - Saint

New Mexico was so peaceful for them both

New Mexico was so peaceful for them both. She would spend her time listening to Nikki play and write as she spoke with Nona. Her and Nikki were welcomed with open arms, it made her surprised that Nikki didn't come back more.

"Are you excited to tour again?" Rach asked as Nikki sat on the floor with his guitar, a cigarette hanging from the side of his mouth. He was scribbling on multiple pieces of paper.

"I can't wait to get it over with" He nodded. "Theatre is a piece of shit album. I just want to move on and write something that means..Whatever."

"No don't whatever." Rach replied as she sat next to him. He felt her lips brush his shoulder as he strummed the guitar. "I'm not sure what I'm gonna do while you're gone."

"What do you mean?" He asked squishing down the cigarette on the floorboards. "You aren't coming?"

"Well I don't self invite" She smiled with a small shrug. "You have official merch people now so I'd just be a spare part really."

"What is it you wanna do Rach? Not selling merch or drugs. What have you dreamed of?"

"I don't know. I'm just not a career lady" She mentioned lying back on the floor. He didn't respond as she just listened to the vibrations on the guitar. "That sounds very bluesy."

"I'm hoping our next album can pull from other types of rock n roll. Like old school rock n roll jives."

"What like a bad boy boogie?" She snorted and Nikki laughed. He put his guitar down and lay down next to her.

"Exactly." He groaned as he adjusted on the floor. He stared at the ceiling as he intertwined his fingers with hers. She felt him press a kiss to the back of her hand as he brought it up to her face.

"Do you think you can handle being on the road sober?" She asked breaking the mutual silence.

"Maybe." He murmured. "I don't want to break a promise to you. So only maybe. But I won't spin out of control. Will you stop supplying?"

"Maybe" She replied as she turned over onto her front as she looked at him. "I wouldn't want to break a promise to you."

-
LA was full of demons, lurking around every corner. She felt like New Mexico was safe. They were safe in Nona's house. But now driving through towards Van Nuys, she realised temptation was on every single corner.

"You wanna stay with me or go back to Tommy's? I've gotta get some stuff for tomorrow" Nikki asked as they approached a turning. She looked at the sign, one way for each. She wanted to go to Tommy's. She hated Nikki's house and everything it represented. But she wouldn't leave him there.

"Sure I will go back with you" She nodded forcing a smile. He took the turn as they drove up to the house. She didn't know why she felt so uncomfortable.

"I'm gonna go get a shower" She mentioned as they got in the house. She walked upstairs and sighed looking at the closet as she stood in his room. She pulled her clothes off and walked in the bathroom, turning the shower on.

Nikki loved and hated the house. It was like a breath of fresh air being away from it. But now all the memories and temptations came flooding back. He pressed play on his answering machine.

Sixx, it's Mick. We need you to get all the shit you wanna bring along and bring it with you  on the bus.

Nikki.. I miss you. Please pick up the phone. If you only wanna be with me for smack then I get it. I will get you an endless supply if you just pick up the phone.

Nikki please just answer the fucking phone. You are such a fucking piece of shit. I'm gonna fucking slew outside your house until you answer me!

Nikki sighed at Vanity sobbing throughout her messages. He didn't seem to have any from his security so he guessed she didn't follow through.

Nikki it's Nicole. I'm probably sure you don't remember me. I was a back up dancer for one of the bands you toured with. We got to talking on one of the nights..This is stupid. If you wanna talk again or go out, call me.

Nikki raised an eyebrow at the last message. He remembered Nicole from a while back. He had spoke to her briefly after one of the shows. She was..Nice. Normal. Good looking girl.

The sound of the shower upstairs pulled him from his thoughts.  He almost forgot she was there for a split second.

Rach gasped as the cold air flowed through the shower as Nikki walked in. She smirked at him as his eyes travelled up and down her body. She watched as he pulled his clothes off and climbed into the shower with her.

"You're cold!" She grimaced as he put his hands on her. He didn't mean for her to slip his mind. She never normally joined him in his house. She ran a hand through his hair.

"Deep in thought Mr Sixx?" She asked pulling his attention away. He smirked as she took his hands and placed them on her ass.

"I have an idea" He murmured, nipping at her lips momentarily. "Turn around and put both hands on the wall."

She chuckled at his instructions but did as she was told. He watched as she put her hands against the tiles. Her body all wet and spread for him. She shivered as he ran a finger along her spine. She frowned as she looked behind her. She expected him to be ready to nail her in the position. But she watched him get on his knees.

"Hold on tight" He grinned.

-
Nikki pulled stuff out of his closet and dumped it straight into his suitcase. He had dropped Rach back at Tommy's to get her things. The outfits fell into the case without a care. He had a good few hours to pack.

He heard a louder thump as two small packages dropped out of one of the outfits. He bent down and picked them up. He eyed them both and sighed. He put one in his back pocket.

He abandoned his packing duties and went downstairs. He pulled the drawers open until he found what he was looking for.

Rach pulled the suitcase onto the bus and sat down with a sigh. All the guys were there but Nikki. Their manager asked the driver to make a detour to pick up Nikki at his house.

"I missed you, big house is lonely with one person" Tommy mentioned pulling Rach onto his lap. She kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you too, but you have whats her name now" Rach mentioned and Tommy smiled.

"We're getting married after the tour. I've set a date and everything" Tommy mentioned and Rach rolled her eyes. "Hey c'mon. I'm serious."

"I know you are Tommy" She said with a smile, scruffing his hair.

Nikki sat there in pure peace after his high. He heard the phone ring and it went to answer phone.

"Hey Nikki, it's Nicole..."

He stared at the phone before picking it up, resting it on his shoulder. He smirked at her little squeak when he answered.

"Nicole, I listened to your message" He stretched as he wiped his forehead, coming round a bit more. "I'm on tour, but I've got a few US dates before we take off. Come meet me after the show, Thursday?"

The bus had sat there for twenty minutes after it pulled up. They were all thinking the same thing. But Rach hoped he took a nap and was now rushing to pack.

She watched as he eventually walked out the house, pulling on his leather jacket, sunglasses over his eyes. He flung the suitcase at the driver and climbed up the steps of the bus. He bypassed Rach and all the other guys and headed straight to the back of the bus to the bathroom.

Rach and Tommy looked at each other and sighed. Here they go again.