Chapter 01 - Rebel Rebel

"Do you think he'll do it?"

Rachel stubbed out her cigarette as she looked back at her boyfriend onstage. Tommy was her best friend throughout high school. He was the only one there for her after Vince dropped out.

Truth be told, she knew that Vince's band were heading in a direction that Vince didn't want to do.

"I don't know Tommy, you got a tape?" She asked and he handed one over. He put his arm around her and turned her away from the stage. He didn't need to point out his friends. They were the only dark haired guys in a swarm of blonde surfers.

"That's Mick and Nikki." Tommy mentioned. Mick was small, he was not paying attention to his surroundings, just the bottle in his hand. Nikki's eyes were staring at Vince onstage with a smile. He was the singer that they needed.

Rachel glanced at Nikki, he was tall, he was mysterious. His hair covering his eyes, shades on the top of his head, he chewed his gum with a grin as he watched Vince interact with the women at the front row.

"You ever get bored of that?" Tommy asked Rachel. He could see Vince getting super close to a blonde at the front of the stage as he sang to her.

"If it's not her, it's gonna be the next girl" Rachel shrugged as she eyed the tape in her hand. "Tell me you guys play better music than this."

"Fuck yeah, we go hard" Tommy nodded with a grin. Rachel smirked, Tommy was adorable. In another life, maybe they would have gotten together. They had a drunken fumble at a party once, way before Vince. But he was too nice, she knew she'd eat him alive.

Vince came off stage and threw his arm around Rachel possessively. She hated when he was like this around Tommy. They were friends but Vince was always worried that Tommy would take liberties.

"Tommy, what's going on man?" Vince smiled. Rachel handed him the tape that Tommy had given her. Whilst Tommy was updating Vince on his band offer, she watched as Nikki and Mick approached them. She quickly moved out of Vince's embrace. She wasn't one of those kind of girls. Clingy, needy, desperado.

Tommy watched as Rachel popped a pill in her mouth and offered the other half to him. He took it with a grin. They were E buddies.

"Whoa" Nikki nodded as he watched her. They introduced themselves to Vince as Rachel embraced the high. She felt relaxed, she felt..Everything.

"Yeah I'll think about it" Vince muttered as he spotted the blonde from before, waving at him in the corner. "Gotta go entertain a fan.."

The guys watched as he left and put his arm around the blonde. They stood there, looking at Rachel awkwardly.

"That must suck for you" Mick mentioned and she shrugged. She took the bottle of Jack from him and sat down with a smile.

"Sit down my compadres, the next band are the worst thing I've ever heard" She mentioned offering them the other seats.