Chapter 26 - Oh Darling.

"I'm gonna get clean Rach" Nikki murmured looking up at her

"I'm gonna get clean Rach" Nikki murmured looking up at her. They were lying on her bed, his head resting against her stomach.

"I don't care what you do anymore Nikki" She whispered. Her eyes were red, she had chain smoked a pack of cigarettes. They had sex, she cried again. Nikki sighed, he felt horribly sober and..honest. He wanted to be honest. Keep to his word. Rach was heartbroken and all he wanted to do was fix the pieces.

"I found a new record" Rach said breaking the silence. Nikki grinned and sat up, something familiar. "Let me guess Dio?"

He sat back against the headboard as she got out the bed. Her naked form moving around the room so gracefully. His heart ached for her. He would give anything to go back to the beginning.

"Nope" She mumbled popping the p. She pulled the record out from her shelf and handed it to him. He took the sleeve as she crawled back onto the bed, sitting inbetween his legs, she lay against his chest as they looked at the cover together. She expected his harsh criticism but it never came.

"It's a good album." Nikki said softly as he kissed the side of her head.

"You getting soft on me Sixx?" She chuckled. He chose not to respond. He just smiled at her. She climbed out of his arms to pull out the old player they once shared, she fiddled with the needle until Supertramp filled the room. He watched her light a cigarette as she swayed around the room, singing along. He couldn't ignore the need within himself to shoot up. It was an itch he couldn't scratch. Not right now. He had other priorities right now.

She took his hand and pulled him out of bed, ignoring his feeble disputes. He watched as she took his hand and spun under it so gently. She felt happy for the first time in a while. She looked at him and ran a hand over his chin.

"Cat got your tongue? You're staring kid" She blushed with a grin. There was that kid that he turned into around her before. He watched her walk off into the en suite. He sat on the bed, watching her through the open door. She turned on the shower and climbed in.  Nikki admired her for a few moments before walking over to the record player. He turned the volume to the highest it would go before following her into the bathroom.

Oh darling, will you ever change your mind
I've been feeling left behind
Like a shadow in your light.
Ah honey won't you say that I'm the one
And if you think you're gonna run
Well you know
I'm gonna be around you, all about you
Always by your side
I'm gonna dream about you, scheme about you
Love you all the time
I'm gonna catch you lady.

-

"Nikki, there's a guy calling for you. He said he's your security or some shit" Tommy mentioned. Nikki walked over to the phone, his eyes still on Rach as she played a video game with Tommy.

"Dude there's no way that's fuckin legal" Tommy growled throwing the controller down.

"Since when do you care about what's legal?" Rach snorted. "So tell me about Heather Locklear. What makes her so special?"