Chapter 13

Hey my pumpkins. I hope your enjoying the book so far and your summer is going well. Enjoy!

Aneta's POV~

The hospital room is more like a garden, how much things have changed in the past thirty years. The roof is clear giving an impression of being outside and once in a while a butterfly will alight on a nearby leaf.

Waking up with his hand still with mine made me feel like nothing will tear us apart. But as I looked over to him the sheets were all wet and his eyes looked very puffy.

I tapped with all my strength on his shoulder and he immediately got up.

With tears streaming down his face he asked, "My buttercup how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. I just feel very weak." I told him rubbing my hand against his shoulder.

My whole body felt cold and it felt like my insides were melting. The doctors entered with very shocked but happy kinda sad looks on their faces.

"So we have worked out the issue." One of them told us as he got the chart from his clipboard so show us.

"You are pregnant." The woman said with a reassuring smile.

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. Pregnant.

I couldn't get any words out. I stuttered,"But how could I be. Any sexual intercourse I had was protected right Stefan?" I turned to him waiting for a reply. But he looked guilty. He looked like he wanted to tell me everything but just couldn't. What has he done? He has ruined my life.

"Well..... it was just one time. I'm sorry we were so into it I couldn't control myself. I promise to tell you everything later." He said looking at me with his glistening puppy eyes.

I was still trying to process everything. How could this happen? I let go of his hand and crossed my arms getting ready to throw a tantrum.

"What the fuck! I can't do this. I'm not ready to me a mum." I shouted as my face started to feel puffy and my body felt weak again like before.

"Ma'am you need to calm down. There is another issue." He announced.

They both looked at each-other and nodded.

"You are only around 12 weeks pregnant. But it's not one." I paused making sure to get his words right.

"Hurry will you what is it twins? Triplets?" I insisted.

"Well. You nearly guessed right. But it's quadruples." He uttered wiping off the dripping sweat.

"QUADRUPLES! How? Wait. Four kids. From him." I pointed making sure Stefan felt guilty. He would pay for this. Yes I was happy that my kids had a great sexy father like him but this is just too sudden and so many things have been happening recently.

"Aneta please calm down. It's not good for them." He added trying to be the father figure already. I rolled my eyes at him and waited for the rest of the news.

"So. The issue is. Your uterus is way too small and can't hold all of them. All these side affects are also because one of them is pressing on your wall or lining should I say of your uterus and this could rip it being dangerous for not only them but you aswell." He mumbled trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"What can we do to fix this?" Stefan said.

"No what do I do." I expressed. I couldn't even look at him at this point. All these kids could die and even I could. This is all because of one stupid mistake that he didn't tell me about.

"We can try and surgically move the baby and tighten your lining. But this is very risky since the pregnancy is still new and there are four of them. But there is another option, you can do it using a pregnancy brace. But you won't be able to do many daily activities so someone would have to be there for you at all time." He stated showing me images of the babies and where it was ripping.