Chapter 18

It's been a while and I haven't been able to write but hopefully now I can carry on this book and be able to entertain you guys with the on coming chapters.

Stefan's POV~

Why now.

"I need to go but I will be back soon." I told her as I rested my hand on her cheek and gently kissed her forehead.

"Why do you have to go?" She asked with confusion written all over her face.

I thought I was ready for this. A new start.

I just got up and walked out I had nothing to tell her.

I told my guard,"ubedites', chto ona ne pokidayet etu komnatu"(Make sure she doesn't leave this room). Puzzled he nods as I just walk away towards the garage.

~

I got in my car and started the engine. My phone just kept ringing in my pocket but I had to get away from her to get the danger away from Aneta.

I had no idea who was calling me or why they kept calling me. I just didn't want to put Aneta in another dangerous situation especially when she was pregnant with my twins.

Suddenly the car just started to move on it's own and I hear that same voice I never though I would hear again.

"Stefan ya skuchal po tebe."(Stefan I've missed you)

What the fuck is going on!

I tried to take control of the steering wheel but we just bolted out of the garage and onto the main road. I looked everywhere around me to try and control the system but all I could hear was that psychotic voice I hoped to never hear again.

"Talk to me. I know you miss me too. Stop ignoring me. We can restart and start life again together like how it was before."

I hit the steering wheel and unbuckled my seat belt. Trying to get out but the door was locked.

"Why are you here, why are you trying to get into my head? I thought you were dead." I said but started to suddenly feel a ring in my ears.

FLASHBACK

Holding hands we walked out into the sunset. I looked at her as the bright rays of the sun kissed her skin and made everything I had done worth it.

"You look stunning today my princess." I told her as I carefully tucked away her baby hairs.

"Thank you Stefan. Thank you for everything." She told me with her beautiful Russian accent.

She let go and ran into the distance as her summery dress blew with the wind.

The sand is the most gentle hue of gold, almost earthen and muted, the humble star of the scene. I love this beach. I love the driftwood that comes upon the buoyant waves as tiny rescue boats. Then there is the seaweed, that flora of those salty waves, as deeply green as any high summer foliage. My favourite though, of everything that is here upon the softly rolling dunes, is the tall, tall grass that whispers so sweetly into the gusting breeze.

Letting her see where I felt the best was incredible she embraced it and took it in like it was her own.

"Come, enjoy the water." She said to me as her blazing hazel eyes gleamed at me. Her luscious brown hair wrapped around her shoulders.

"Coming lyutik."(Buttercup)

I ran to her open arms and she grabbed me tightly and whispered, "ya beremenna."(I'm pregnant.) This took my breath away I knelt down and put my head at her stomach. I was so happy. This was what I was dreaming for a family, someone who cares for me.

I got up and kissed her. I saw someone walking towards us in the distance. I stood in front of her as we started making our way out of the water.

"yak ty smiyesh yty do neyi z tsym cholovikom." (How dare you come here with this man) He spoke out as she ran towards him and begged him to not hurt me. I had no idea who this guy was and how they knew eachother.

"Alexei who is this man." I asked her.

"Someone you don't need to worry about please just go I will deal with this." She said to me as she started to push me away.

"krashche skazhy yomu" (You better tell him.)

I couldn't understand I word he was saying but the guy looked angry. He looked like someone a lot older.

"Alexei I'm not leaving you here with this man."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I knew at this moment everything was going to break.

"Please go." I could tell by her voice that she was about to do something that no one wanted.

I ran towards her and grabbed her when I saw her stomach. Blood everywhere.

"You didn't tell him so no one deserves happiness here." The man said as he chuckled under his breath.

The baby. My baby. She looked at me and smiled as she dropped towards the ground. I lay her on my leg and shouted, "Who the fuck are you!"

"karma tse sterva." (Karma is a bitch)

I abruptly got up and punched him straight in the face. Guards started running down as I went back to Alexei hoping she was okay. I held the wound and picked her up.

"GET HERE NOW! CALL A MEDIC!" I shouted as tears started to stream down both our faces.

"I will not lose you baby." I told her and kissed her all over her face.

"It's okay. I love you." With her last breath.

I dropped to the floor and yelled her name and for help. But it was too late.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

A knock on the window. It was her. The hazel eyes and the brown hair. She hasn't changed one bit. I got out of the car and looked around to see where I was. The bright sun.

It was my getaway beach.