Chapter 4

I walked into the Palace the same way I have for the past year and a half, with my head held high and looking the picture of confidence. When inside I'm hoping this plan works and I don't pee myself.

I make it to the security check as per usual and I'm body searched for anything that could be used as a weapon, the guard then moves onto searching my bag of cleaning supplies. I stand there in my white shirt and black slacks with a pair of black heels,which we wear to the Palace to clean jewellery, compared to the grey coveralls I usually wear I was looking pretty sharp if I do say so myself.

The guard suddenly stops searching and looks at me. Shit, shit, shit.

"What is this?" He asks accusingly, holding up a small plastic bag with white powder in it, that looks like cocaine.

'Did I put my cocaine in there? Wtf ' I thought to myself

"Sodium bicarbonate," I say confidently, hoping he buys it because I have no idea what or how that got in there.

He eyes me suspiciously.

" She's telling the truth." I hear someone say. I turn around to see Maria, one of the senior members of staff on the team, vouching for me. Maria was a woman in her mid fifties with mousy brown hair with some greys showing through, she had pale, wrinkled skin and a thin wiry frame, with a pair of rectangular shaped glasses perched on the end of her long nose. I don't really talk to her unless I need to, so imagine my surprise when she vouches for me.

The security guard seemed to buy it and let me past, I walk up to Maria and begin to explain myself but she holds up her hand to my face and takes the plastic ziplock bag from me, taps her nose, gives me a wink and walks away. Oh. So Maria does coke. That's comforting to know.Get it I guess? We should so go on the sesh together after this, it'll be a great bonding experience for us.

I walk with the team through the long corridors, only the sound of my heels hitting the marble floor is to be heard.

" it's quiet," I mutter to Darla who was walking besides me.

"I know," she mutters back.

"I don't like it,"

"Agreed" Darla replies with. While there is no romantic interest between me and Darla, we are friends and I was grateful to have someone to talk to.

Usually there's always some chatter in the Palace, it's never silent. But today it was. It was eerie. I was already on edge and this wasn't helping to soothe my nerves.

Walking through the silent palace, one of the Queen's royal guard walks towards us. I kept walking, carrying my cleaning kit with me. The Queen's royal guard is a group of highly trained soldiers, that are killing machines to the highest degree, if you're ever in a fight with one of the royal guard, you're already dead. I remember Tanner teaching me all about them a few years ago.

The guard walking towards us in the same corridor was wearing the usual royal guard uniform of black cargo pants, a tight grey top, hugging his tatted biceps with buttons going down the middle to the middle of the chest, with a utility belt that had a throwing knife,2 guns, one either side and ammo strapped next to the guns all topped off with a black tactical vest and black combat boots. He looks like an alpha just shifted back from his werewolf form.

This man was a giant, with dark brown hair,almost black ,he had to be at least 6'7. I'm around 5'6, 5'7 on a good day and even in heels this man was towering over me as he walked towards us down the corridor.

We continued walking until we passed the royal guard that was walking the opposite direction. I was on the side the guard was on. As he was walking past I got a closer look at his tattoos that covered his arms and hands and begin to cover his neck. He must have caught me staring because I look up to his face to see his staring back at me with deep green eyes as he walked past. He held the eye contact until he had walked past me and I smelt his cologne lingering in the air after he had walked past. That man was gorgeous. I love him. If I don't go to prison for stealing the Crown Jewels I'll marry that man. Nah. Maybe not marry. But I'll definitely fuck him at some point. Panties=soaked.

'Bitch get your head in the game. I'm not going to prison if you fuck up.I'll have to shit in front of someone' I thought to myself.

The vault was opened and we went inside, the guards either side of the doorway. The walls were shelves filled with all sorts of (fake)jewels, tiaras and diamonds a girl could want. I made a b-line straight to the jewellery like I usually do and get my kit out, the crown sits on a pedestal in a locked glass case in the middle of the room. I pick up a tiara I replaced for a fake months ago, and begin to clean it, trying to hide my shaking hands.

We were nearly done when I left to go to the bathroom, saying I was about to piss myself right there and then if I didn't go. I splashed some water on my face and took some deep breaths. I straighten up and fix my hair, putting my confident mask on I exit the bathroom.

Showtime.

I walked back into the vault just as everyone was done packing up their kit and exiting the vault.I walk into Donald accidentally on purpose , grabbing the keys from his pocket as I do, after apologising I begin packing up my kit and placing the items I was cleaning back onto their shelves around me.

I take the keys out and begin to unlock shelves and pull out the drawers of jewellery while the guards are distracted by people leaving the vault. I unlock the glass case and leave it open as I put the pieces I was cleaning back into their places, walking all around the room.

The guards move to wait outside the doorway of the vault,waiting on me to leave so they can lock up.Taking the heel off my shoe to reveal a small blade I rip up the false bottom of my bag, opening the fabric to get the fake crown, from the outside, you wouldn't be able to see if there was a false bottom because I stitched the fabric up so good, placing my heel back on my shoe I begin walking around the room, in a rushed manner being careful to grab the crown from the open glass case on my way back.

"Phina we're all waiting for-oh!" Darla panics walking into the room.

"Where's the crown?!?" She cries panicked as she rushed over to the glass case, the guards heard her cries and came barging in. Shit.

I throw the real crown in my bag and point to where I had put the fake one on the other side of the room.

"Over there Darl," I say calmly pointing at where the fake crown was sitting, the guards relax and head back outside the door. I finish putting my kit back in my bag, sticking the fabric to the Velcro I lined the bag with yesterday, trying to hide the fake.

Darla put the 'crown' back in the glass case and closed it. The case was one of those where when you close the case it automatically locks.

I grab my bag and put the keys in my back pockets, and exit the vault.

"Hey Donald, are these your keys?" I ask him, fishing the keys out my back pocket. As he walks over, realisation floods across his face.

"Yea they are, where did you get them?"

" They were still in one of the cabinets when I was putting the tiaras away," I lie

"Well thank god you took them! If Darla heard of me nearly loosing the keys to the jewels I'd be fired," he explains anxiously.

I smile at him "it'll be our little secret," I say as we walk through the corridor.

Suddenly an alarm blares and everyone freezes, we look to the guards who keep walking and we all hurry to follow them