Chapter 6

I grab ahold of his arm and use it as an anchor to swing around and land a kick on the guards behind him, shattering his arm in the process.

I grab the gun from his utility belt and take the safety off, cocking the gun the guards pull out their guns, I know they have bullet proof vests on under their clothes but I don't want to shoot the poor fuckers in the head, killing them.

I take a few steps, retreating back from the guards and I feel a small smirk growing across my face as I see a chandelier hanging above us.

I shoot the chain the chandelier is hanging from and dive out of the way as it comes down on the guards,

I keep running

Somehow the crown managed to stay on my head, probably giving me a concussion from when it landed there.

I attempt to put my thumb back into place when someone starts shooting at me as I ran down the corridor, destroying the various paintings of old monarchs on the walls.

I duck around a corner and the shooter stops,

"Missed!" I call out with a smile on my face, the adrenaline pumping through my body,

I crouch down and peek to see where the shooter is, bracing myself for a shootout, but he's gone.

"Shit," I mutter to myself

Briefly scanning the area, I don't see anyone, I reach into my pocket I pull out the key I stole from the guard and unlock my remaining hand cuff, keeping the handcuffs incase I need them. I head towards a flight of stairs, tucking the crown under my shirt for safe keeping instead of prancing around wearing the damn thing.

Heading towards the balcony from the royal study, the shooter rears his head again. He's not a very good shooter, if I'm being honest as I still haven't even come close to having a bullet lodged in my body. I think a career change is in order for him.

Shooting at me, I flip over a table and dive on the ground beneath it.

I take out the gun I stole from one of the guards and prepare to shoot, the guard was tucked behind a curtain, waiting for me.

I shoot where I think his leg is and as he cripples over in pain I take my chance, run over to him and hit him on the temple with the end of my gun.

Yikes, that's gonna hurt in the morning.

"Freeze!"

I freeze and turn around to the voice.

Of Course. Who else would it be except D'Amica?

He has his gun trained at my head just like he did in the toilets.

"You're not getting out of this alive," he states

"That's what you think," I reply, putting on a confident front.

"Surely we could work this out?" I ask him with a seductive smile.

I sashay over to where he's standing, surprised he hasn't shot yet.

"Don't you think?" I ask gently stroking his hands that were holding the gun.

"You think you can flirt your way out of this?" He asks, disgusted, but my hands keep stroking his as I feel his grip loosen slightly at my touch, electricity danced across my skin and left my hair standing on end at his skin on mine.

"You're nothing but a worthless slut," he spits out, his words oozing with hatred.

"You're nothing but a worthless slut," my father tells me giving me another whip of his belt.