Chapter 35

Seraphina's POV

I hid my bag behind a dumpster beside the restaurant. It was the only place I could think of and I sure as fuck wasn't going to bring it into the restaurant with me to have dinner with the man who sent someone to break into the house and steal the books which are in said bag.

I forgot how fancy Alessio's restaurant was. I know he uses it for money laundering and transporting drugs but damnnnnn this place is nice.

It has expensiveness oozing out of it. Kinda makes me wish I put on clean underwear.

"Miss Gorga, we've been expecting you." The waiteress says as she welcomes me.

"Oh, great." I exclaim sarcastically as I follow her to the table with Alessio sitting at it. She takes our drink orders and leaves with haste, something tells me she's aware of whom her boss is and what he does for a living.

"Phinaaa!" He greets me as he stands up to hug me, putting his hands too close to my ass.

"Watch it pedo." I say as I shove him off.

The ugly bastard pulls out me chair and sits down.

Alessio was Tanner's right hand man. He didn't necessarily trust Alessio but they still were pretty close. He used to help train me sometimes when Tanner had had enough of me kicking his ass. One time Alessio suggested that we fight with knives, thinking that he would win. He didn't and then tried to touch my no no square as a 'reward' which led to me slicing his face, right across his eye, leaving him with a nasty scar. Which was a shame because he was quite pretty before.

"Why did you send someone to my house?" I say getting right to the point.

"Well I heard you were in prison and Tanner has a few things that belong to me so I thought I would collect them." He says vaguely.

I pretend to go along with his lies, pretending I don't know he's a member of The Origin or about Tanner's books.

"Oh.... Well what do you need? I'm more than happy to get you them." I say as if I hadn't just blown up the house. Nice.

"Books, about five of them." He says, taking a sip of his scotch.

"Oh well there was books at the house." I say, using past tense.

"Was?" He picks up.

"Yea....Before someone blew it up. I barely got out of there in time." I play the victim and take a sip of my peach vodka, Jesus I love this stuff.

A grave look crosses his face.

"Did you notice anything was missing? Did Tanner had a storage locker anywhere?" He interrogates me.

"No,not that I know of. Anything that he had of yours was probably destroyed in the explosion." I feign innocence.

He sighs, frustrated.

I get a feeling someone is watching me and I look to the table besides me and see a very angry Eros with his arm over a ginger woman and an elderly couple. Ah. Lovely.

I look a little closer at the ginger woman. I know her from somewhere. I see an engagement ring on her finger as she reaches for her wine glass. Ouch.

I put two and two together and I realise that she must be Eros' fiancé. I guess he really did move on after all.  Do I have a reason to be mad? No. But am I? Yes.

The girl still looks too familiar to be a stranger. I think of where I could know her from. I hear the elderly couple, which I assume is her parents call her Caitlin. Caitlin, Caitlin, Caitlin.