Chapter 34

Seraphina's POV

I climb over the fence and into Tanner's garden which has gotten wildly over grown since the 2 and a half years I was last here.I get the spare key from under a garden gnome and go in the back door.

I walk into the house and into the kitchen with a weird sense of deja vu from the days I would sneak into the house after staying out all night partying. I shudder.

Something in the house feels....off.

I don't like it. I quietly walk over to the cupboard under the sink and pull out a gun. Gary was empty and would be useless if there's an intruder.

I pull out the gun and keep it trained at the ground as I creep around to the living room. It's exactly as I left it, with pairs of underwear and socks and random clothes scattered everywhere from my frantic packing after I stole the crown. I'm going to get that back the way.

I creep around to the hall and there's no one but something is definitely off, I can feel it.

I quietly move up the wooden stairs, avoiding the ones that creak. I still remembered them from when I had to sneak up to bed when I stayed out all night.

I check the landing, no one.

I move to my room, no one.

The upstairs bathroom, no one.

The spare room, no one.

That only leaves Tanner's room.

I quietly move along the landing to Tanner's room. I open the door a little and I peak through. There's a man I don't recognise with dark brown almost black hair, wearing a navy dress coat with black trousers and a white shirt searching in Tanner's walk- in wardrobe.

Wtf. Definitely just wants to smell a dead mans underwear. Kinky.

Seeing that he's distracted, I sneak into the room. He had his back to the door so I have the advantage of surprise.

"Who the fuck are you?" I ask him, with my gun trained at his head.

The man freezes and turns around slowly.

"I'm Tanner Jacobs." He says half heartedly, he's claiming to be Tanner. What a fucking weirdo.

"Come again?" I say unimpressed.

"I live here, this is my house." He says fearfully.

For some strange reason I don't think he does live here. 

"Oh sorry, I'll leave you be." I say with a fake civility to him.

He relaxes a little.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Bitch I live here.Now you better start talking before I shoot you dead." I threaten.

In prison I learnt how to really be scary. It's a mixture of your voice and your body language, like a balancing act.

"I ummmm I'm his brother?" He lies.

I shoot his hand and he cries out in pain. This guy was pathetic.

"Try again." I order, my patience wearing thin.

"He owes me something." He finally blurts out.

"Like what?" I snap.

"Um books, they um belong to me..."   He lies.

I shoot his other hand and he screams out in pain again.

"Next time it's your dick."

I notice a tattoo on his arm, I swear I've seen it before. I definitely have some sort of memory impairment.