Chapter 50

Eros D'Amica's POV

We're a mile outside Camoda, preparing to raid the fortress.

Our plan is to overwhelm them with force, there must be a gathering of some sort going on because people have been arriving all day.

The men are ready to go and we move to the location.

With our guns at the ready,wearing the Royal Uniform, we prepare for battle.

"For Queen and Crown." I say through my earpiece.

"For Queen and Crown." The men reply.

I look at Enzo and give him a reassuring nod, he smiles a little before putting his game face on.

"Now!" I shout and we storm the fortress, battle cries can be heard as we bust in the huge, gated reinforced doors. Some men start shooting at us but they're quickly taken care of.

The fortress is not at all what I expected, it's full of expensive furnishings and marble floors. Not like the fortress with dark dungeons, crawling with rats and bugs that I was expecting.

We charge in, guns blazing as we run through the fortress.

We halt suddenly as we're met with the princess with a gun being held against her head in a huge banquet hall, filled with perfectly set round tables and chairs with a bespoke wooden podium on a stage at the front of the hall, this is where the princess was.

I look the the guy holding the gun against her head.

He looks at me with a menacing smile.

The princess looked a mess, with dark under eyes, mascara running down her face as she cried in fear. Her usually neat blonde hair was in a matter mess on the top of her head. It must have been a rough few days for her. There's a therapist and support team set up for her back at court.

"Surrender." The man demands as he pulls the princess's hair, pushing her head closer to the gun.

I look to my men behind me. They look unsure of what to do.

Derek, one of my men decides to put a stop to the situation and prepares to shoot the man standing on the stage with the princess.

*bang!*

He's shot dead.

We all look to see where the bullet came from and suddenly hundreds and hundreds of men and women all dressed in black suits and white dresses swarm into the banquet hall and take their seats at the tables. All of them carrying guns, all of them radiating danger.

The men are dressed in all black suits with guns openly sitting in their waistbands and I suspect more sitting under their blazers.

The women are dressed in white dresses, all of them wearing a red lipstick and a gun in their hands. They probably have some more strapped to them under their dresses.

A few of my men try to back out of the hall and run when they're shot dead by some of the incoming people in the black and white clothes who don't even bat an eyelid at the dead bodies scattering the floor.

I recognise one of them. He looks exactly like one of the suspects we had in our investigation but he killed himself before he could be questioned. The man i recognise looks just like him but he has an ugly scar across his right eye and half his right cheek aswell.

I also see the woman I saw at the sex club that was having sex with three men.

"Surrender." The man on the stage calls out.

We all lower our weapons.

The man with the scar struts onto the stage.

"Ladies and gents, it seems we have the Head of the Royal Guard in our audience tonight!" He cackles.

The crowd jeers and boos as they look at me.

"Bring him up!" The man with the scar demands.

Three men come up behind me and I try to fight them but they politely reminded me that if I fight them, they'll kill the princess.

A group of men swarm my men like a barricade, all of them heavily armed. My men are trapped. A wave of guilt washes over me as I look at them. I should have listened to Seraphina.

They drag me up onto the stage and the scar man pulls out his gun.

"What do you say I kill him?" He calls out to the crowd who cheer happily.

This man was making a spectacle of my death. Does he have no shame?

"Goodbye Eros D'Amica!" He calls out like a showman.

I see a flash of white out of the corner of my eye as I'm forced onto my knees, my men were fighting to break free but anyone who got through the men that were holding them, were shot dead.

*tap tap tap*

All eyes are drawn to the beauty in a white dress tapping the microphone on the podium in the middle of the stage.

"Hi, my name is Seraphina Gorga," her voice breaks.

"And I'm an alcoholic." She says with a dramatic sob.

She looked gorgeous, wearing a flowing, off white, floor length silk dress, her hair was styled into an elegant low bun at the back of her head, decorated with decorative pearl pins. She had a simple gold chain with a single small diamond dangling from her neck.

"What?" The scar man asks.

"Oh is this not the AA? Damn I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere." She says as she dramatically scratched her head, acting confused.

"No, Seraphina it is not." The scar man snaps at her.

She walks over to scar man and begins stroking his shoulders.

"Sorry Alessio, can I make it up to you?" She asks with her 'fuck me' eyes.

Alessio, that's his name. I thought he killed himself. Why is she touching him?

"Phina...what?" He stutters as Seraphina gets dangerously close to his crotch. The men in the crowd cheer as she does.

What is she doing?

She steps infront of the gun that Alessio is pointing at me and plays with his hands.

"Shoot the fucker." She tells him in a seductive voice.

What the?

She walks behind Alessio and I prepare for my death. I can hear the screams of Enzo and Theo, cursing Seraphina's name. I'm so sorry you have to see this Enzo.

The crowd cheers wildly and Alessio aims his gun at my head, I make eye contact with Seraphina as she stands behind Alessio, she gives me a wink and looks away, hiding a smile.

She's sick, she's smiling as I'm about to be killed. Why is she even here?

I brace myself as Alessio pulls the trigger.

His gun cocks empty. The crowd boos.

He looks confused as I hold back a smirk as I look at Seraphina who's holding a gun at his head.

The room goes silent as someone walks in.

A slow clap resonates throughout the room.

"Very good Seraphina. Now lower the gun, we need to talk." Tanner Jacobs says as he walks onto the stage.