Chapter 13

Walking into my apartment building, I feel good, better than I have in a while, knowing that Eros will be in pain tomorrow. A small smile grows on my face as I walk into the elevator.

Stepping out of the elevator on my floor, I walk to the apartment.

The door is already open. On edge, I walk in to find the apartment completely destroyed.

The sofa is torn up, with stuffing from the pillows everywhere, the paintings were smashed on the floor, even floorboards were broken.

I stay silent and turn towards the kitchen, to find it in the same state, with the contents of the cupboards smashed on the floor, the back of the empty cupboards smashed into the wall, the fridge was smashed up and the cutlery drawer emptied.

I reach to the leg my gun was strapped to, seeking some comfort.

I head towards the bedrooms, walking over broken glass and furniture to get there.

I walk into Sophie's first, fearing for her safety as I saw her keys were still in the door.

I open her door slowly to see her room completely untouched, bed made neatly and no dead Sophie. That's weird, that's suspicious.

"Soph?" I whisper shout from the doorway.

Getting no reply I turn to my room, I enter my room in a state of disbelief, all trace of my good mood left my body the moment I saw my room.

My drawers were emptied onto the floor, my desk the same, my mattress was torn up and all my pillows slashed open, my mirror was smashed, pieces scattered around the floor.I turn to my wardrobe and my heart hurts to look at the damage. Every item of clothing I had was torn up to shreds, floorboards ripped up around the room. This was no break in, they were looking for something.

I turn to look at my mirror again and catch the reflection of Sophie creeping towards me, a knife in her hand. Maybe she's just holding that for self defence, incase the people come back?

"Bitch!" I exclaim as I spin around to face her.

"How was dinner?" She asks, a hint of curiosity in her voice, her face hidden in the dimly lit room.

"The fuck did I ever do to you?" I ask her angrily, already guessing the answer.

"The crown," she continues, " where is it?" She questions in a sinister tone.

"Up my ass and to the right!" I say to her, my voice getting loud from my anger.

She points the knife at me.

"Where..... is it!" She demands, still waving that knife about.

"Who do you work for?" I question,

"My boss will be very happy to answer your questions when your dead." She says with malice.

"Oh right, that narrows it down to possibly everybody I've pissed off in my 19 years on this earth!" I shout sarcastically.

"GIVE ME THE CROWN!" She screams suddenly, the crazy bitch.

I quickly reach for my gun and without a second thought, I shoot her right between the eyes, smirking as her dead body collapses to the floor, the knife she was holding,lands on the floor with a clatter.

"Stupid bitch, what the fuck did you think a knife was gonna do anyway?" I mutter as I step over her body, walking out into the hallway, placing my gun back into its holder, strapped to my thigh.

I walk to the kitchen and find my emergency vodka supply, peach of course, behind the bin. How the fuck the bottle survived,  I have no idea. I pull the gas pipe from the stove and smell the gas seeping into the air in the kitchen.

Walking back to what's left of my bedroom, I soak the dead bitch in the lovely peachy liquid. I sit on her dead body in the bedroom till the smell of gas hits my nose. I walk over to my drawers and look for the lighter I usually keep on top of them. Picking it up off the floor, I walk out of the apartment and across the hall to Mrs Shumac.

Knocking on the door, she answers with a smile.

"Hiya, I came to pick up the keys I gave you." I tell her.

"Of course sweetheart, just be a minute." She says and disappears into her apartment. She reappears a minute later, keys in hand.

"There you go darling, enjoy." She says handing me the keys and going back into her apartment. No questions asked.

That's what I loved about Mrs Shumac, she doesn't ask questions, she doesn't care enough to ask. It's one of the reasons I gave the keys to her in the first place. I hope she survives.

The keys open a locker at the 24hr gym down the street which holds a bag with a new identity, money, drugs, guns, clothes etc. The same as the last one, you get the jist. I couldn't keep the bag in the apartment simply because Sophie was a nosey bitch and she was always looking through my stuff. I should've seen it sooner to be honest.

I walk back across the hall and light the lighter, tossing it into the apartment and closing the door.

I run to the stairs and run fast down them, pulling the fire alarm when I see it. A boom echoing throughout the building as the apartment catches fire as I do so.

The alarm blares and I make it out of the building which was pretty easy considering I lived on the 4th floor.

I make my way to the gym, suddenly desperate to get out of this dress as I relay the conversation between me and Sophie.

"How was dinner?" She asks, a hint of curiosity in her voice.

I never told her I was going to dinner. Hell, I don't even know I was going to dinner, I was gonna kill him in his hotel room and walk away.

Eros D'Amica. That bastard.

He must've been talking to Sophie on the phone when he left the restaurant. He was a distraction while Sophie searched the apartment for the crown. How long had those two been in kahoots together? And here I was thinking that Eros was working alone.

All memories of having dinner with Eros began to sour in my mind, knowing he was just stalking me long enough for Sophie to find the crown.

What hurts the most is that I actually thought Sophie was my friend and I cared about her. I just feel like everything was a lie. Because it was. It was stupid of me to believe that she was my friend. It was stupid of me to let my guard down around her. People like me don't have friends, we have people that we hang around at that's it.

I really hate Eros D'Amica.