Chapter 26

Eros D'Amica's POV

I look at the screen as the trial begins.

Seraphina's there, in a straight jacket and what I suspect ankle shackles aswell. As psychotic as she is, getting people to kidnap my sister, I don't think she deserves that.

She looks.... tired, not physically but emotionally. I'm to blame for that.

The judge reads out the charges and reveals that she chose to represent herself. This isn't going to go well.

"Miss Gorga, please give us an account of the events that took place in the palace."

"Well first I poured your mom a drink, then I place my hand on your mom's thigh......" Seraphina continued to give a very graphic story of how she 'fucked your mom' to the lawyer opposing her.

"Miss Gorga how do you plead?"

"On my knees.... to your mom."

The entire trial was conducted like this. The opponent asking asking one thing to Seraphina, Seraphina turning it into a 'your mom' joke and then being scolded by the judge who was trying not to laugh.

"Miss Gorga can you clarify what did you take on that day?"

"Your mom's virginity."

"Miss Gorga, what did you do with the jewels?"

"Well I fucked her. She was very good too. Your mom's such a little devil in the sheets."

I knew as well as she knew, it doesn't matter how she pleaded, what attorney she had, or what defence she used, she was going to prison. So in true Seraphina style she made her entire trial a 'your mom' jokefest.

I was trying not to laugh at her. What made the entire trial funnier, was watching the opponent walk into the jokes. Every time without fail.

When it was time for me to testify, I looked over at the screen as I walked up to the front of the court. I took the oath and sat in the seat.

"Mr D'Amica please tell us your version of events on the night the crown was stolen." She says, glaring at Seraphina as she does so.

I pause for a moment and think of walking out. It's killing me knowing that it's my statement that will be the closing act on her trial, sending her to jail.

"I was stationed at a post in the west wing when the alarm went off...."

I recite my version of events and look away from the screen. There was no way I could have twisted the story to make her look the victim or get her a lighter sentence. I made sure to mention that she willingly gave up the crown and that she told me about the girls in the containers in San Diego when I was asked but it seemed to make no difference.

I return to my seat next to Theo. He puts his hand on my shoulder trying to show support and some form of comfort. Why? I have no clue.

"Get your hand off me." I whisper him, I don't like to be touched by other people, Theo knows this.

A smile comes onto his face like he just got a question right on a quiz as he removes his hand from my shoulder.

Hans is next to testify and I zone out for the rest of his testimony.

I stare over at the screen instead, watching Seraphina fall asleep to Hans testimony, I think she was pretending, out of pettiness.

After all the testimonies were done with and the judge was ready to read out the sentencing, a smile grew on Seraphina's face, not like the ones I know but one that's filled with anger and bitterness. I didn't like it.