Chapter 1

Your POV

"Babe! Our Uber is here, are you ready to go?"Asks Mal yelling from the other room.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I yell back zipping up carry on. I grab my suitcase and walk to where Mal is. She grabs my bag for me and takes It to the car. I double check to make sure everything is off and locked up. I lock the door behind me and head over to the car putting my carry on in the back. We get in the back and the driver takes us to the airport.

We're on our way to June camp. We have a couple friendlies against Canada. This is also my first camp in almost 4 1/2 years. I was nervous but ready to play again. The camp was in North Carolina. We're expecting It to be competitive, games against Canada are always competitive.

Mal and I head through security, due to the metal rod in my arm, the beeper goes off and I tell them I have a metal rod in my arm. I lift my sleeve up and show them the scar. Other then that everything went smoothly. We head to our gate wait to board our plane.  I was holding her hand while listening to music. Mal was looking on her phone with her free hand. She puts It back in her pocket after a few minutes.

"You nervous about coming  back?"She asks

"Yeah a little bit. But I thought hard about It and I'm ready to be back. If I change my mind I'll talk with Jill and Dawn about It. I may not even play in these games." I say

"Well you've worked your ass off to get back. Everyone is already excited to see you returning, no matter if you play or not. I'm proud of you. Everyone is." She says smiling and I pull her in for a kiss. She kisses back happily.

"I love you." I say

"I love you too." She says

If there's one thing that's kept me motivated and grounded it's Mal. She's been here through everything. I know I put her through a lot, she's dealt  with a side of me that others haven't had too. She's seen me at my lowest and she was always there to pick me up when I couldn't on my own. She comes to every doctors appointment, physical therapy, even my regular therapy sessions. If she's got nothing else going on she drops everything and comes with me. She's a huge reason I'm where I am today.

Flight 391 Washington to North Carolina is now boarding, please make your way to terminal 7.

We get up and have our tickets out for the lady to scan them and then we walk to our plane. I sit by the window and she sits next to me. We found out It wasn't a full flight so if she wanted to she could move to the end seat. It was about a 5 hour flight, we should land around 6 pm. I reach into my bag and pull out my laptop, I turn It on and connect It to WiFi before opening up Netflix so Mal and I could watch a movie to make the time go by. She ended up picking The Kissing Booth, after It was over we just decided to watch the second one too.

Mal rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her. She ended up falling asleep the last hour and a half of our flight.

The put seatbelt on light came on and i looked down and she was still buckled so I didn't have to wake her. I put my seatbelt on and the plane landed. She woke up as we landed and I kissed her forehead. I put my stuff away and we waited to exit. We headed to the tram that would take us to the airport and we walked through the airport to baggage claim. Security ended up coming due to the large amounts of fans waiting out front. We grab our bags and head to the front of the airport, there was a man with a sign that said USA Soccer, he loaded our bags for us and we got in the back. Once he got in he took us to the hotel.

We get out of the hotel, the driver grabs our bags for us and we head into the lobby.

"Y/n! Mal!" Says Alex as she comes over and hugs us.