Chapter 21

Your pov

I woke up to beeping sounds, the white lights hurt my eyes and it took a bit to adjust to the lights. I felt something soft underneath me and a warm blanket and realize I'm in the hospital. I don't remember getting here through. The door opens and I see the doctor walk over to me.

"Hey Y/n, I'm Dr. Jensen, how are you feeling?" Asks the doctor.

"Tired." You respond.

"You're severely dehydrated and with lack of food it can make you feel weak. We have you on fluids to help you. I also recommend taking things slow with eating since your stomach probably hasn't had much in it the last few days. We want to keep you overnight just to make sure everything is okay. She says before setting down some pudding, apple sauce and some ice water on the table next to me.

"Small sips and bites, we don't want to overwhelm your stomach. I will go get your family and bring them up here." she says.

"Was anyone else found with me?" You ask

"No, you were alone when you were found." She says

You nod your head, and she leaves to go get your family. about 5 minutes later she comes back up with everyone and they all hug you. You notice Mal isn't with them.

"Where's Mal?" you ask

Before anyone can say anything, you remember your conversation with Omar.

"He has her, doesn't he?" You ask

"No y/n, she's here at the hospital with us." Says Tobin

"Why isn't she here then?" You ask

"Y/n" says Christen as she sits down next to you and grabs your hand.

"What's wrong?" You ask

"It's not my place to tell you, but she's had a rough last couple of days, she just needs a few minutes and she will come up when she's ready." Says Christen

"But she's, okay? She was never taken right?" You ask

"Shes safe and okay, Barnes is with her. She was never taken, she's been with us the whole time." She says

You nod and relax a bit knowing she's here at the hospital safe. Everyone could tell how tired you were still so most of them decided to head back to the station for the night.

"Get some sleep, we will be here when you wake up." Says Christen

Tobin turns the lights off and you slowly drift off to sleep.

No ones pov

Mal feels terrible for not going with the rest of the family to see Y/n. Of course, she wanted to see her fiancé, she just didn't want to break down in front of her family. Barnes stayed with Mal just to make sure she was safe, as he knew y/n would probably be mad at him if he left his fiancé alone without protection, even if the threat was gone.

"I think I'm ready to head up." Mal says

Barnes gives a soft smile before they make their way to the nurses station.

"Here  to see y/n Press." Says Mal

"Unfortunately it's after visiting hours, you will need to come back in the morning. Visiting hours start at 9:00 am." Says the nurse, not even looking up at the pair.

"I'm supposed to be staying with her tonight." Says Mal

"What's your relationship with the patient?" She asks

"She's my fiancé." Says Mal

"And you sir?" Asks the nurse

"Family friend and security detail. I won't stay but I'd prefer to walk her up if that's alright." Says Barnes

"That's fine, security will take you up, 4th floor room 4106." Says the nurse.

A security guard walks with the pair up to your room.

"Thank you for staying with me." Says Mal

"Of course! Always happy too." He says

Mal gives him a quick hug before turning towards the door to your room. She was nervous and couldn't figure out why.

"Mal." Says Barnes causing her to look back at him.

"Yeah?" She asks

"Talk to Y/n about how you're feeling. I know first hand how bad things can happy when feelings aren't communicated." He says

"I will, Goodnight Barnes and thank you again."She says

"Goodnight Mal, I'll swing by in the morning." He says as he walks away with the security guard.

Mal takes a deep breath and walks in quietly to see a sleeping Y/n, Christen and Tobin, none of them moving an inch. Mal sits in the chair next to  your bed and watches you peacefully sleep before she finally feels tired enough to sleep.

*Next morning*

You wake up pretty early, Christen and Tobin are still sound asleep on the pull-out couch. You see your phone plugged in on the table next to your bed. You pick it up and check the time. It was just after 7 am.  You look over to your left and notice Mal was asleep in the chair next to you and you can't help but smile knowing she stayed the night. 

A few minutes pass and the door opens, a nurse walks in with your breakfast tray, causing Mal, Tobin and Christen all to wake up. You thank the nurse before she walks out of the room. Christen and Tobin decide they want to go grab something to eat, leaving you and Mal alone. 
There was a awkward silence, you could tell Mal was upset.

"I'm sorry." You say, finally breaking the silence. 

"Are you? because you keep putting yourself in danger, not thinking about how this all affects me and more importantly our relationship. " She says, finally making eye contact with you.

"I wanted to keep everyone safe." You say but she cuts you off.

"That's what the police are for Y/n, if you had just waited, they could have handled this. You could have been killed! You knew that's what he was planning on doing and yet you still left and went off by yourself. You might not care about dying but I do! After everything we have gone through together and you just go and throw it away like that really hurt me." She says with tears in her eyes.  

"I know, I'm sorry I didn't think on how this would affect you. But I'm still here and it's over, were finally safe." You say

"I think I need some time to process everything." Says Mal as she gets up from the chair.

"Babe." You say

"I'm sorry Y/n." She says as she takes her ring off and sets it down next to your ring. 

"Mal please." You say 

Mal doesn't respond, she keeps walking towards the door, she hesitates as she opens the door before exiting the room, closing the door behind her.  She could hear you yelling her name over and over, but she kept walking.