Chapter 10

*Skipping a few months*

It's been a couple months since my surgery and the trial. I've been going to physical therapy for my arm and It seems to be doing a bit better then It was before. It's still painful at times but not nearly as painful as It was before.

I'm hoping to be cleared to play soccer again. We had two games against Japan at the beginning of next month. Training would be in about two weeks. Jill said I can have a spot if I'm clear to go. Mal also got called up. Either way I would end up going,  my role would just be down different depending on the outcome. I'd either be a supportive girlfriend or a supportive teammate.

I was excited to see the girls again too. I missed seeing them every month like I normally would. Mal was at practice, they had one last game before playoffs so she couldn't skip it.

I told her I decided to stay home and work on some physical therapy exercises that my doctor recommended me doing everyday to build more strength. Which isn't a total lie since I did It this morning while she was getting ready for the day.

I grab my keys off the counter and and head to my car. I pull out of the apartment complex and drive to the mall. Thankfully It wasn't to far away. I planned on going ring shopping.

Tobin Christen and Mal went to the mall soon after we got back. I was center of attention for the first couple weeks after the trial, since everyone had access to It and knew everything. So I decided to stay home and lay low.

Chris and Tobin wanted to look at rings and Mal ended up pointing out some rings that she liked. Thankfully Christen remembered which ones and sent me pictures after her and Tobin went into a different store and Chris faked having to go to the bathroom.

I park in a parking spot and head inside the mall. The store was the first store on the right from this entrance. I head over and start looking at the rings.

"Hi there, are you looking for something specific?" Asks one of the workers coming over to me.

"I am, I want to propose to my girlfriend. I actually have some photos of ones she liked when she was with some friends, I was hoping if you could help me decide on one." I say

"That's super exciting! Congratulations on moving to the next step in your relationship. Do you have the photos?" She asks

"Yes I do." I say pulling my phone out and showing her each of the different photos.

The girl was awesome, she was super patient and helpful, she even got those exact rings from the photos so I could see all of them right next to each other.