Chapter 14

Your pov

I just got done with the doctors office. Mal had practice so she was unable to come with me.

I get in the car and decide to head to the stadium where they practice. I park and head inside. It looked like they were just finishing up. Mal sees me and jogs over.

"Hey babe how did your appointment go?" She asks giving me a quick kiss.

"It was good, Marin was able to get me into a specialist who might be able to fully repair my hand." I say smiling

"No way! Babe that's amazing!" She says hugging me and I hug her back.

"The only downside is I'll have to fly to New York but the good news is, he has an opening on Wednesday and if he thinks It will work then he can do surgery on Friday!" I say

"Well I guess we need to go home and pack a bag." She says

I hug her again and she hugs me back.

"I just gotta grab my bag, I'll be right back." She says running inside the locker room and returning a few minutes later.

I take her hand and we head to the car. I open the door for her and she gets in. I get in the driver seat and begin the drive home.

"I'm starving" she says

"Chipotle?" I ask

"Yes please" she says

I drive to chipotle and park the car. We get out and head inside. We get in line and order our food and we decided to just eat there instead of brining It home.

"Are you able to get a flight for Wednesday or Thursday?" She asks

"Looks like Wednesday is pretty booked but there's one that flies out at 9:00 on Thursday." I say looking at my phone.

She nods her head and I go ahead and book our flights.

"So did he say how long you would be in recovery?" She asks

"I haven't had the chance to look into the surgery yet. Let me see if I can find that out." I say scrolling through my phone.

"Oh! Here's a post of somebody who had It done by the same doctor. He said surgery took 2-3 hours, he was in the hospital for a day or two and as soon as stitches are removed then he did physical therapy." I say

"That's awesome babe!" She says

"Thank you, but that's if he can do the surgery. If he can't then I'll just get my hopes up." I say

"Well think positive. He's supposed to be the best of the best right?" She asks

"Yeah from what I've heard at least." I day

"Well no matter what happens, at least we tried." She says

"Yeah for sure." I say

We finish our food and decide to head home. Mal hops in the shower and I decided to do more research on the doctor and the surgery.

Once Mal is out of the shower I decide to hop in and once I'm out I take a seat on the couch next to Mal and wrap my arms around her. She leans into me pretty much instantly and we decided to watch Where the Crawdads Sing before heading to bed. We both must have been really tired because we both fell asleep quickly.

*next morning*

Your pov

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I turn It off and Mal slowly begins to stir awake.

"Good morning sleepyhead" I say smiling down at her as she stretches a bit, her eyes still closed for the most part.

"Good morning  beautiful" she mumbles back causing me to chuckle slightly.

I kept my arms wrapped around Mal until she started waking up more. Mal heads into the bathroom and I make my way to the kitchen. I pulled out eggs, turkey bacon, and bell peppers. I cooked the bacon and peppers and diced them into small pieces before making two omelets for the both of us. I also made coffee and toast to go with It.

Mal sits at the island on her computer, she was making sure we got checked in early for our flight tomorrow.

I was really relieved to hear that she would be coming with me and that I wouldn't have to leave her here by herself, especially with the sighting of Carlos's brother.

From what I've heard he's gone back into hiding, he was spotted somewhere in Spain again. Barnes has been trying to track him down. He thinks he's getting close. I just hope no one gets hurt.

Mals pov

I'm eating my breakfast when I notice that y/n is spaced out. It looked like they were deep in their thoughts.

I set my fork down and place my hand on top of their hand, hoping to gently snap them out of whatever they were thinking about and It worked!

"Hey, you okay?" I ask softly

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay." They say looking back at me with a soft smile.

"What's going through that pretty head of yours?" I ask

"I'm just happy you're coming with me. At least I'll have you if I get bad news." She says

You would have me either way. Plus I wouldn't let you go alone, especially if you do get the surgery. Someone's gotta take care of your needy ass. I say causing her to nod her head and laugh.

"Yeah I guess that is true." She says

"Finish your food, I'll get laundry started and I'll grab our bags." I say before kissing her cheek and heading to our room to grab the laundry. I throw y/n stuff in first and once hers is finished I throw mine in.

Once both loads are finished I  bring them into our room and we both begin to pack our bags. Our flight was kinda early, 9:00 am but we like to be there about 2 hours early to make sure we get through security and everything like that so we have to be up at 6:00-6:30. Once we were packed we set our bags by the door. Y/n did some last minute dishes while I cleaned out the fridge. 

I really hope things go well for y/n at this appointment. If anyone deserves the surgery it's her. She's been through a lot. I know everyone goes through their own struggles. It amazes me how strong she is. Despite  everything that's happened, she's still here and stronger then ever.

We watch some survivor before heading to bed. I make sure my alarm is set so we don't miss our flight.

__________________________________

So sorry about the delays in updating! Life and work have been crazy! These next couple months are gonna be even busier and crazier but I will try to update when I can! Thanks for the support and for taking the time to read my stories!