Chapter 19

No one's POV

Every inch of Y/n's body hurt, arms, legs, stomach, head and back. They had to tighten the chain just to keep you standing because you are too weak to stand up due to the beatings and not getting much water or food. You've been doing everything they say so Mal would be safe. 

Mals pov

After taking a long hot shower Mal feels a bit better. It felt good to release some of the thoughts and feelings she had been holding onto for so long, but she felt bad on how she snapped on Christen and Tobin. She knows she needs to apologize to them, but She's worried she will break down once she faces them. 

She takes a deep breath and opens her door, the plate of food on the floor is still there, untouched. She bends down and picks it up before bringing it to the kitchen. Tobin and Christen are sitting at the counter playing some type of card game. Mal sets her plate down on the counter and walks over to the pair. 

"I wanted to apologize for snapping at you both and then being rude by leaving earlier. I dont know what came over me. Mal says with her head low, looking at the floor. The pair immediately pull her into a hug.

"No need to be sorry." Says Tobin

"Were so sorry we didn't know this was how you were feeling all this time." Says Christen.

"I honestly didn't realize myself, until it came out. Thinking back on what I said, it was very selfish of me to feel that way. I have no right to feel the way I do when she was the one who went through it all." Says Mal

"Your feelings are just as valid as hers, you might not have gone through it physically, but you did emotionally and mentally which can be just as exhausting." Says Tobin.

The trio try to watch a movie to get their minds distracted on something other than what's going on right now but the pair notice that Mal is trying to stay calm but she's getting more worked up.

Mal finally breaks down and Christen holds her close while Tobin soothingly rubs her back. Mal eventually falls asleep, her head on Christen's lap. Tobin gets up carefully, making sure she doesn't wake Mal up and gently puts a blanket over them before sitting back down. Christen decides to open up Instagram for the first time since all this started. She was blown away with all the support not only from the fans but from players all over the world wishing for your safe return. 

Christen adds to her story.

Thank you for all of your kind words and support over the last few days.  We love you guys!

Meanwhile Barnes and the rest of the team think they are close to finding you. They were out checking the remaining warehouses and they noticed a couple leaving one of the warehouses they had yet to check. 

"Hey! Police Department, do you guys have a few minutes to talk?" Asks the officer. 

"We don't know anything." Says the women. 

"You have no idea what we were going to ask." Says Barnes.

In a split second the man takes off, causing the officers to chase them. Barnes stays with the girl. She shoves him and tries to run back inside of where they came out of, but he's able to stop her. She screams and there was a bunch of gunfire, he's able to get behind a dumpster to avoid the the bullets as more units respond to the nearby gunfire.

"Get the SWAT team here now." Says Barnes through the radio. 

"Swat Team is 10 minutes out." Says the dispatcher.

"They could kill her in that amount of time. I'm going in." Says Barnes. 

"No Barnes, wait for the SWAT team. Thats an order." says one of the officers. 

"I don't take orders from you." He says.

"Your right, you're a civilian. If you go in there I'll have you arrested.  He says 

"What's the ETA on that SWAT team?" Asks Barnes.

"4 minutes." says the dispatcher. 

Barnes puts on his tactical gear for protection and the SWAT team finally shows up. They gear up and are ready to strike.

"How many people are we dealing with?" Asks the commander of the SWAT team. 

"Multiple hostiles and possible hostage." Says Barnes. 

"Let's get a heat signature drone in the sky, to see what we're dealing with." Says the commander. 

"Who's the hostage to you? Family? Friend? " Asks the commander. 

"She's like a little sister to me. I was her commanding officer." Says Barnes. 

"Your hostage is a chick? I wonder what she did to piss these dudes off." Says the commander. 

"His brother was killed by us during her rescue operation." Says Barnes.

"Seems like she should have stayed home and let the big boys handle it." He says 

"Don't talk about Y/n like that, shes one of the best soldiers we have. Shes done more for this country then you ever will." Barnes says 

Before the commander can respond, one of the other SWAT members come over to them.

"Boss, were seeing 12 heat signatures inside the building." Says one of the other SWAT members. 

"Gear up, I want all entrances covered, we enter in 3 minutes." Says the commander. 

Everyone gets in their positions and are ready to go. In a swarm they breach the doors and swarm the enemies, some exchange gunfire and get taken down. Others go down peacefully, knowing they are not a match for the officers. 

"Clear!" Yells the officer. 

"Clear!" Yells another

"What's your name?" asks Barnes to one of the men. 

"I ain't telling you shit." Says the man.

"I know you." Says another man. 

"I don't think you do." Says Barnes. 

"You were there when my brother was killed." He says

"Where is she?" Asks Barnes gripping the man by the shirt. 

He just laughs

"She could be here somewhere, or maybe she's back in Spain. But that doesn't matter because she won't find her in time. He Says

"Get him out of here."  Says Barnes. 

Barnes begins searching every inch of the warehouse looking for you. 

"Y/n!" Yells Barnes

"She can't hear you, and you won't be able to hear her." he says as he's dragged out of the warehouse and out to a police car. 

"Everyone out of the warehouse!" Barnes yells and everyone exits.

"How many heat signatures are in the warehouse now?" he asks

"We just see you." Says the dispatcher. 

"Damn it! he yells. 

"Shes not here, let's move on, we have time for one more warehouse before the sun sets."

The team moves on to the next warehouse before calling it a night.  

Barnes heads to the station to update your family.