Chapter 15

It's been about 4 months since I had my surgery, and after lots of physical therapy my had is so much better. The doctor thinks if I continue physical therapy that my hand will be fully functional, just as it was before it was injured.

Mal and I were sound asleep until we hear pounding on our door. I could hear Mal groan and move so her head wasn't on my chest anymore.  She checks her phone, im guessing to check and see what time it is.

"Who the hell is knocking on our door at 7 am." She says

"I'm not sure, I'll go check you stay here. I say getting off the bed. I grab my gun out of the safe just to be safe.

I walk out from our room down the hall to the front door. I check the peep hole and I see police officers and Barnes. I let a breath out that I didn't realize I was holding in and  tuck my gun in my waistband behind me and unlock the door.

"Jesus what's the banging necessary?" I ask 

"Sorry about that." Says one of the officers

"Can we come in?" Asks Barnes

"Yeah, come on in." I say opening the door allowing Barnes and the two officers with him inside. They take a seat on the couch.

"What's going on?" Asks Mal as she walks out of the room. I'm guessing she heard talking and decided to come check It out.

"Oh, sorry I didn't realize you lived with anyone." Says Barnes

"This is Mal, she's, my fiancé." I say to Barnes and the two officers.  "Mal this is my old Sargent" I say

"Nice to finally meet you Mal." He says

"Nice to meet you as well." She says

"What's going on?" I ask

"We don't want you to get freaked out, but we need you guys to pack a bag and come with us." He says.

"He's here, isn't he?" I ask looking up at him.

"We have reason to believe that he is, but this is just a precaution to ensure you and your family are safe. We have arranged officers to collect your parents and siblings to be safe as well." He says. 

I let out a sigh and cover my face with my hands. Mal puts her hand on my back and rubs my back in a soothing manor.

"I want this son of a bitch gone Barnes, I'm tired of having to watch my own back and I feel terrible that my own family is in danger because of me." You say looking back up at him.

"We will get him y/n, I promise. Like I said this is just a precaution." He says.

"Let's go pack a bag." Says Mal standing up before grabbing my hand and leading me to our room. The officers and Barnes wait in the family area while we get packed.  We both decided to pack our guns to be safe, since we both have concealed carry permits.

We head out with the officers back to the station. The rest of my family is already there, including Mals family.  We hug everyone and talk until the officers tell us it's time to go to the safe house. We all pile into two vans and the drive begins. 

"This is crazy." Says Tobin.

"I'm so sorry guys this is all my fault." You say

"You can't control any of this. We don't blame you for anything." Says Chrissy.

"Hopefully they catch this guy soon, so we can go back to our normal lives." Says Mal

We finally arrive to the safe house; everyone heads inside and explores our new house until this is over. I realize I left my phone in the car, so I head back outside to grab it. I put it in my pocket only to get a phone call. It was a number I didn't recognize. I anwser it and put it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I ask

"Y/N Press." Says a mans voice on the other end.

"Who is this?" I ask

"You have been a hard girl to track down y/n." He says

"What do you want?" You ask 

"I would like to put an end to this." He says but I cut him off before he can continue whatever he was going to say. 

"Let's end this then." You say looking around to make sure no one is nearby. 

"Wait for my instructions, and I suggest that you tell no one about this. Or else this will end very badly, not only for you, but your entire family as well." He says

"One condition." You say

"What?" He says

"This is between us; you leave my family out of this. I don't care what happens to me, but I want them to be safe." You say

"Your family will not be touched. As long as you do everything I say. Wait for my instructions." He says before the line goes dead. I hear the front door open and I clear the call from my call list just to be safe. 

"You okay babes? You were gone a few minutes." She says wrapping her arms around you from behind.

"Yeah, I'm good! Phone was stuck under the seat, but I got it. " you say turning around and hugging her. She hugs you back and you kiss her forehead.

"Chris and Tobin are making dinner, are you hungry?" She asks 

"Starving." You say before she drags you back inside. 

You head back inside and help finish dinner before everyone sits around the table talking and laughing.