Chapter 5

Your pov
Next morning

I woke up with Mals head on my chest, she was still sound asleep and she was so beautiful. I kissed her forehead and that seemed to stir her awake. She shifted and cuddled back into me. She wasn't ready to get up and I didn't mind. We stayed in bed for a while longer before she was finally ready to wake up. Mal got up first and she had a sheet wrapped around her.

"Want to take a shower?" She asks and I nod my head and we both head into the shower together. After that we got dressed into some clean clothes, Mal went into the kitchen to make some breakfast and I was currently in the bathroom, I threw my hair in a loose ponytail. I had noticed she left a few hickeys on my neck.

"Babe!" I say walking out of our room and heading towards the kitchen.

"What's up?" She asks

I point to my neck and she just smirks and I just laugh.

"Hey It was payback." She says

"Fair enough." I say wrapping my arms around her waist and kiss her cheek. She continues to make eggs and bacon, I ended up letting her go and helping. I also made coffee for the both of us. I poured It into two cups and I hand her one as she hands me a plate. I set my coffee down and grab the plate with my good hand. We both stand at the island and eat.

All of a sudden I had a really bad pain in my arm. I dropped my fork and It caused Mal to look up from her phone.

"What's wrong?" She asks

"My arm hurts really bad." I say grabbing It and I had a pretty high pain tolerance but It felt like It was being broken all over again. Mal grabs my hand gently.

"Where does It hurt?" She asks

"My hand and wrist right now but it's moving up my arm, the pain feels like It's being broken all over again." I say

"Okay go put It in your brace to see if that helps, I'll call your doctor so see if we can get It checked out." She says and I walk back to our room to grab my brace. I put It on but It didn't seem to help, maybe I needed to give It time.

"She was able to squeeze us in, your appointment is at noon." She says

It was a little after 10:30 by now so we still had a few hours. I took some pain medication to try and help with the pain and I tried to do some exercises from my physical therapy to see if that would help but It only seemed to make It feel worse.

We left the apartment around 30 minutes later. We get checked in and wait to be called back. I was still in a lot of pain, now It felt like pins and needles along with some numbness. I was actually getting worried.

"Y/n Press?" Says the nurse

Mal and I get up and we follow the nurse, she takes my vitals. My heart rate was higher then normal but the nurse didn't seem to concerned. We follow her to one of the rooms and she continues to ask the normal questions that are always asked during routine doctors appointments.

The doctor will be in shortly. She says walking out of the room, I get off the bed and sit on the chair until we hear a knock on the door. The doctor walks in.

"Hey y/n what's going on?" She asks as  she washes her hands and she puts her gloves on.

"I was eating breakfast and I got this really intense pain, if starting in my fingers and went up to my hand and Up my arm. I put my brace on and took some pain medication and It doesn't seem to help. Now It feels like pins and needles with some numbness." I say

"Okay, let's take a look." She says and I set my arm on the pull out table. The doctor removes my brace and begins looking at my arm.

"It could be the nerves still healing, nerves can take years to fully heal and repair. As you know you won't get full function back due to how long your arm was broken before It was set and repaired. Let's order some scans to see if there's anything else doing on but there is a chance you might have to live with this pain for the rest of your life." She says