Chapter 7

Your pov

I was finally able to leave the hospital today. My arm was still pretty numb because of the nerves so it's currently in a sling. I don't know if id rather be in pain or if id want It to be numb forever. Both sound really shitty.

"Here babe" says Mal coming over to the bed with my bag. She pulls out a change of clothes for me while I move to the edge of the bed. I was able to put a pair of joggers on by myself. Mal ended up needing to help me out of my sling and helping with my shirt. Once I was finished changing I was able to put my arm back in my sling. The nurse comes with the discharge papers.

"Here are your papers, we did get you a new prescription for pain medication as well as muscle relaxers in case you have trouble sleeping. This also has all the side effects and how often you can take them. We're also giving you stuff to change your bandages as well, I would recommend changing It everyday. You can shower, but please don't get your arm wet for another 5days. Once those 5 days you are up you can remove the bandage and let water run on it, just no soaking the arm or anything. Do you have any questions for me?" She asks

"None that I can think of. Thank you Mindy." I say signing the papers where I needed too. Tobin and Christen already took our bags down and are waiting at the hospital entrance for us.

"Of course, doctor Marin does want to see you in the next couple days, she said her office will reach out to you to schedule that." She says

"Awesome thank you." I say

"Also it's normal for the wounds to have some discharge to them, It should only last a few more days, if you're still seeing by the weekend or if you're running a fever or anything please come straight here." She says

"Will do, thank you." I say

I get up and ended up sitting in the wheelchair, I guess I wasn't allowed to walk out of the hospital, even though I could walk perfectly fine. A nurse walks with us down to the lobby and Mal helps me get in the car. I forgot how challenging buckling my seatbelt is. Tobin was driving and Christen was in the passenger seat and Mal and I were in the back. Mal leans over and kisses my cheek.

"How are you feeling?" She asks

"I'm a bit tired, ready to sleep in my own bed that's 10x more comfortable then the hospitals bed." I say grabbing her hand and interlocking our fingers.

"True, and no one coming in multiple times during the night to wake you up." She says and I nod my head.

The drive home was pretty quiet. We stopped at the pharmacy to get my medications and after that we stopped at chipotle for lunch, we brought It home to eat it since I looked like absolute shit.

Christen and Tobin helped us bring our stuff inside. We all sat at the table and ate our food and talked. I finished my food and It was time to take my medication, so I popped the pill in my mouth and drank some water with It.

"I'm gonna go lay down" I say getting up from my seat and throwing my trash away. I also grabbed my medication bottle so I have It by my bed for when I need to take It at some point tonight. I lay down in the bed and end up falling asleep.

Christen's pov

Y/n just went to her room to lay down. Tobin, Mal and I were still in the kitchen.

"Is she ready for trial next week?" Asks Tobin looking over at Mal.

"Yes and no. She seems ready but she's worried that everything will be brought up. Obviously you guys know she hasn't been to talkative about what happened to her in those 3 years. I don't think her therapist even knows everything that happened. But the whole world will find out, the way I see it is she's afraid how people may treat her differently." Says Mal after taking a sip of her water.