Chapter 2

Your POV

I wake up to the sound of Hopes alarm. I check the time, It was 8:00, we didn't have practice until 10 so I decided to lay in bed for a bit and look at Instagram on my phone. I couldn't help but smile reading all the comments about how happy they were that we were dating. Some hate comments but that's expected.

Hope leaves the bathroom and I decide I should probably get out of bed and get ready. I change into some training clothes, put deodorant on and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and brush my hair. After it's brushed I throw my hair into a messy bun, Since my hand doesn't have full function it's hard to do anything other then a messy bun. But it's all good, as long as It stays out of my face that's al I need.  I check my phone and decide to text Mal.

Me: Good morning Love, I hope you slept well.

I get a response a few seconds later

Mal: Good morning beautiful, I slept okay, it's weird not sleeping with you. Jill probably did It on purpose. Ali and ash are always roomed together. 🤣

(Not sure if that's actually true but for this story It is haha)

Me: yeah maybe to keep us focused? Idk

Mal: maybe, have you gone down to breakfast yet?

Me: nope I wanted to wait for you first.

Mal: meet me at my room in 5 minutes and we can head down.

Me: okay love see you then.

I reach into my bag and grab my brace, I don't have to have It on if I don't want too but It just gives extra support. I put It on and tighten the straps before sliding my training jacket  sleeve down again. I grab my keycard and put It in my bag and head down the hall to Mal and Chris's room. I knock and after a few seconds I hear the unlocking of the latch and the lock on the door before the doors open.

"Hey beautiful." I say smiling and she just gets all shy and she grabs my hand pulling me into the room. She pushes me down on the bed before climbing on top of me and kissing me. I kiss her back and wrap my arms around her waist and she pulls away a few seconds later.

She lays down next to me and puts her head on my chest, I wrap my arms around her. We lay like that for a while. I pull my phone out to check It. It was 9:30 now.

"We should probably head down to breakfast, I'm sure everyone's probably wondering where we are."I say breaking the silence.

"Yeah you're probably right, they probably think we're off having sex or something." She says and we both chuckle.

She gets off the bed and she helps me sit up. I get off the bed and grab her bag as she turns the lights off. I open the door and hold It for her and we both walk out, the door shuts and locks on it's own. We make our way to the elevator and head down to the hotels cafe. We both grab some oatmeal, I put strawberries and bananas on mine and Mal puts bananas and blueberries on hers. We also grab a muffin and some other mixed fruit, we take a seat next to Tobin and Christen, they had already finished eating so they were just hanging out. We eat and talk for a while.

"Are you nervous to be playing again?" Asks Tobin taking a sip of her coffee.

Yeah a little bit. The nerves are always there but I actually feel good and ready. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I reply before taking a bit of my oatmeal.

"All I know is if someone takes you down I'm kicking their asses." Says Hope as she comes over and sits next to us. We all chuckle at what she said.

"I'll probably only be playing 20-30 minutes, starting off slow." I say

"Well I'm glad that they went to put you in." Says Tobin