Chapter 4

Still your pov

It was the end of camp. We ended up with a scored tie of 2-2.

We we're all in the lobby with our bags waiting for the bus to arrive so It could take us to the airport. It was pretty early so not many people were around.

Once the bus arrived we loaded our bags and got on the bus. Once everyone was on we headed to the airport. We get out and grab our bags and go straight to check in. We check our bags in and head to security, once everyone was through we all broke into smaller groups to the different terminals.

Mal and I stopped to grab a snack, I got a turkey sandwich and Mal got a salad. We head to our terminal and wait for our flight. After a about an hour or so we are able to board the plane. We buckle in and I grab my laptop so we can watch a movie together during the plane ride.

Mal picked Red Dawn so we watched that. I had my arm around her shoulder and her head was resting on me. We ended up watching another movie but I wasn't paying attention to It. I was to busy thinking about the trial. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. There's so much that I've bottled up and tried my best to shut out over the years. I'm sure a lot of that will have to come out and I'm not excited for the world or even my family to hear about It, but at the same time I don't want Rollins to get away with anything. He deserves everything he's getting and in all honesty if I had the chance I'd kill him myself and not even care about the consequences. He doesn't deserve to be here after what he did, how many families he's ruined and torn apart. Parents have lost their sons and daughters. Kids have lost their mom or dad. peoples lives have been changed forever. All because of his selfishness.

Mals pov

I woke up to the pilots voice coming over the intercom.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are reaching our destination and preparing to land, please take your seats and buckle up, thank you for flying with us today.

I sit up and buckle up and realize that y/n wasn't buckled yet, In fact she looked almost frozen. I set my hand on her arm to try and get her attention but she didn't move.

Babe? I say as I grab her hand and lightly tug It to try  and get her to snap out of It. She finally does after a few seconds.

"Are you okay?" I ask

"Yeah sorry I was just thinking." She says

"You're okay, were about to land are you buckled?"I ask

Instead of responding she buckles up and grabs my hand again, she brings It up to her lips and kisses the back of my hand. I couldn't help but smile.

The plane lands and we wait until it's our turn to exit the plane. Y/n has a hold of my hand the entire time and we head down to baggage claim. I felt my phone buzz so I pulled It out of my pocket, It was just our Uber saying she was here.

"Uber is here." I say as I text her back letting her know we will be out soon with our luggage. I look up from my phone and y/n had already grabbed my bag and she was just grabbing her bag. We head outside and the Uber driver was waiting for us. Y/n put the bags in the back of the car before getting in the back with me.

"Do you want to talk about what you were thinking about?" I ask

"Just nervous about the trial, it's a little under two weeks away and I know a lot, if not everything is going to come up during It and there's obviously so much you or my family don't know and I'm just not sure how I'm going to handle It. I don't know how you are going to handle It or my parents or siblings." She says looking to the floor still holding my hand.