Enchanting Dreams (ch5)

!swearing, suggestive tone, angry kissing!

  There was a silence in the room, I was stiff and unsure on how to confront meow meow over here about the whole.. beast thing. What do I ask? Is it offensive?

"You were a beast."
"Hm? What are you talking about?"
"And you just transformed back."
"Brat, speak up."
"You were a beast in your fucking sleep, I don't know how much more clear I can be."
  She was quiet, probably didn't know she transformed in her sleep. Mako just shrugged and grabbed some clothes from her bag. Lael sat back on the bed, still processing their emotions..

꧁꧂

"So I just transformed? Weird," Mako mumbled. The duo was sat back in the restaurant area, eating whatever was there. She didn't have any recalling of anytime she transformed, said it was like her memory was wiped. The two went back to the room, Mako saying that she'd be gone for a bit. It was honestly strange to see her leave seeing as how they've been stuck together for the past couple weeks or so. It's like Lael was clingy or anything, it was just weird. After a couple minutes, she came back holding a bag of items.
"What's that?"
"Scissors."
"For what?"
"Hair."
  Hair? What the hell does she mean by that? Lael seemed confused as they watched Mako waltz into the bathroom holding the scissors, spinning them around on her fingers. All questions were answered when they heard distant snipping coming from the room. After at least 45 minutes, she walked out with a different hairstyle.

"Holy shit," Lael mumbled quietly. They didn't know how they felt.
"Now I won't have to be constantly getting hair in my fucking face. I've been wanting to cut it for a while."

(I forgot her scars :[ -A)

 She sat on the bed, brushing strands of hair off; Lael stared quietly at Mako

"Quit staring brat, I'll gouge your eyes out."
"Is it a crime to stare?"
"No, but you staring pisses me off."
They scoffed and just laid down, falling asleep almost immediately. She groaned quietly, laying down and falling asleep as well..

꧁꧂

I woke up, eyes focusing onto the face of a huge fucking beast in front of me. Of course I backed away, falling out of the bed; begging the noise didn't wake meow meow up. Asshole.. why was she so close to me? Thought we talked about the pillow wall thing. Thank Ayer she didn't wake up, would've pissed myself if that giant thing came at me. Anyways, I picked myself up by my bootstraps and woke Mak- Meow meow up. The way she sleeps through everything shocks me.

"Oi, meows.. wake up." There was silence other than her breathing and the bed creaking under Lael's weight. They groaned in annoyance, shaking Mako awake. The noise that escaped the beast princess was absolutely horrifying; a low growl that shook the ground. Lael's breathing quickened as Mako sat up, morphing back to her human-self slowly. It was almost enchanting.. yet familiar in a way. Where have they seen it before?

꧁꧂

It was raining outside with this enchanting mist creature standing outside the window. Lael watched it with intent, wondering curiously what it was doing and why it was here. The creature became more clear as it formed into a gorgeous lady, tall and yet strong-looking. She had short hair with glowing green eyes. They were so bright that they caught Lael in a trance, making them climb outside to get a closer look to just..

꧁꧂

  Lael snapped back to reality as Mako poked them, looking annoyed.
"You keep staring you idiot."
"Oh screw off."
"It should be illegal for you to wake me up only to stare at me, fucking weirdo." She got out of bed and changed into some new clothes. The plan today was to get back to the palace, if they could get there in one trip they had to start early. The sun was barely rising when the two left the inn. They walked in silence as fireflies faded away into nothing, butterflies began flying around, and the crickets settled their choirs. Lael was hooked on their dream.. it felt so vivid and real, the lady had looked like someone they've seen before. No matter how much they thought it all came back to Mako, it hurt to think that the asshole they've been stuck with for so long.. no. It can't be. It wasn't Mako, it never will be. She wasn't in their dream and she never will be in their thoughts again. What caused this?
"Quit dragging your feet, you're trailing behind by miles." Was it the first meeting?
"You're so annoying." The cave?
"Thank Ayer you'll be in jail once we get back." The hiding?

Whatever it was, Lael refused to think about it any longer. They wanted Glory and they were gonna get it first. Instinct kicked in as Mako was pushed onto the ground as Lael ran, into the woods.
"Stupid BRAT!" She quickly got onto her feet, chasing after them.
Keep running, you're gonna find leads now. Just like in the woods. Like with Zorom. This all happened thanks to him. Fuck you Zorom, you've cursed me with a spell I can't undo and now I'm trapped in a loop of emotions. I hate you. I hate this whole thing. Just give me Glory, please!

  Bonk.

  Lael slipped into a short ravine, it went down about 15 feet. They got out quickly, running to avoid Mako but were tackled and pinned down by her almost instantly after getting out. She had blood dripping out her nose, something hit her.
"You fucking IDIOT! What the hell is wrong with you? Get up, I don't have time to deal with this shit," Mako scolded. It was so harsh to hear, almost degrading.
"I just- "
"You can talk and walk, let's go."
"But I'm-"
"LAEL I DON'T FUCKING CARE! I just wanna go home already! I have a fucking family unlike your lonely ass, who's been out here in the wild like a weirdo!" They sighed angrily, gathering their thoughts. "I can't lose you now, I've gone through hell and back to get your ass back home so I can finally have priority."
"I hate that you're right." The words shattered the world around them, it felt like she was floating above the ground and the air got thinner.

"You're right.. I shouldn't have run off. I should've given you priority. But I want Glory, and I don't want you of all people stopping me. You can call me names all you want, nothing is gonna stop me."
  "And what if I did stop you? What would you do then? Stop searching and accept defeat? Just give up, we aren't any closer than we were before." Lael sighed..

There was a sudden pressure on Lael's lips, Mako's against theirs. What in the high hell was happening? Was this a dream? Are we dying? What the fuck?
It ended with Mako looking slightly less pissed off, they saw where this was going..
  "You piss me off."
"Shut it princess, just kill me or something." They were cut off by Mako grabbing their face and pulling them close, the kiss burning with passion and rage at the same time. Lael still couldn't process it so all they could do was shut their eyes and hope it would end...

  After a long while, Mako pulled away; her lips a bit swollen from the harshness of the kiss. She dragged Lael out of the woods and back onto the path. Walking silently while looking more relaxed now.
"Don't take it as anything, I didn't want to hurt you now.. saving that pain for later."
"Sure.. uh.. why a kiss though?"
"I saw how you've been staring, basically asking for something.. took a while to figure out what it was, but I think I've got it."
They looked away, refusing to believe wether they enjoyed it or not. It was a meaningless action; it's only purpose was to cool off the tension now as opposed to letting it drag on for forever. It's confusing but what else were they gonna do? This isn't some story where everything is always perfect and things come out smoothly, this is life. We're gonna act on impulse.. some more than others but we all make these weird decisions. Even if that's the case, Lael couldn't wrap their brain around it at all, but they weren't gonna spend the walk thinking about it; they had to move on.

꧁꧂

This chapter was brought to you by tension -A