You.. (ch13)

!swearing!

  "You just never give up, do you?" Were the last words that Lael mumbled before they passed out, thank god they were knocked out. I would've lost my mind if I had to hear their voice the whole way.

  Mako carried Lael on their shoulder and began walking towards those machines that were used for transport.
Going on legs from Zorom's kingdom to hers would take up all the time she had left. They held onto Lael as Sundrop drove the machine, the sun setting into night; letting the moon breathe. They held a type of night flower to Lael's nose to keep them asleep. It was called kindeh, found near cave openings where mythic crystals resided. Along with the tales of dragons and other creatures.

The princess sat down tired and kept an eye on the thief's breathing to make sure they wouldn't die along the way to her kingdom.
That was the last thing they wanted for their prized possession.

꧁꧂

  Waking up in a dark room with only a lantern to light it was something new, yet familiar in a twisted way. There was only the distant cries of other prisoners and guards walking around. It was such a familiar sight but so distant. They sat up in their bed and looked around, finding nothing but an empty and cold room as their cell. They watched as a guard approached their cage and opened it.

  Walking down with wrists pinned behind their back, Lael was shoved and pushed around by the Guard up the thousands of stairs that lead into Mako's room. The same large room that they had been in before on that dreadful night.
"Leave her here." Lael was pushed into the room as the door closed behind them. The princess was dressed in a long dress as they walked towards them. This was the first time that the thief had ever seen her in something so.. so princess-y. She looked down at them in such a degrading way they could just feel the disappointment and disgust. A simple sound of the breeze and the birds outside the to-be-queen-if-she-got-married's window as it was shut by her.
  "You know why you're here."
  "Yea, I know. To be your personal slave or whatever," they spat out. Standing up Lael could smell the scent of lavender and perfume that could cost an arm and leg. The room was big and had a large bed placed near the corner, giant curtains draped with little beams of sun shining in. They could hear music playing distantly from the piano down the hallway as Mako looked at Lael. There was a sense of urgency in her eyes; but it was hard to tell for what. Mako lead Lael over to the chair that rested by the bed, sitting them down as she went back to grab something. The piano playing was faster and louder, whoever was playing was getting into it. Whatever was grabbed was clearly important with how frantic yet careful Mako had picked it up, she sat down on the bed.
  "You've ruined my life." The words escaped Lael and cut the silence in the room. Like a guillotine slamming down.
  "I know what I did, but I'm not the one who keeps fucking running." Mako said bluntly, voice monotone as the moon came through the cracks in the curtains.

  Lael laid on the floor in a haze of their own thoughts. Watching as Mako breathed slowly while she slept. The wounds left on their arm pulsing and burning with a stinging pain as blood gently dropped down her arm. They drifted off to sleep, spotting the knife that had let their teeth bite.