Lucky (ch14)

!swearing!

  Lael woke up slowly, eyes dizzy as they sat up and felt where the wound was on their arm, their fingers gently grazing its surface to only feel bandages. One time look around and the room was empty besides the fairly tall maid that stood at the door, carrying away a tray of medical supplies. The sounds of birds chirping and the smell of lavender mixed together to lay a gentle scene in this prison of a palace. On the outside and how it felt was gorgeous and prestigious, yet the inside of the how it all worked was rotten and overflowing with liars.
  Mako had lied about a lot of things, but that wasn't the god damn point of this whole expedition. The reason is to find Glory. Five letters in one word that was an item or whatever it was that would give a benefit. What are those benefits? Fuck if Lael knows, they just want it now. They stood and walked towards the door, only to see that the maid had locked it behind himself. Lael groaned and threw themself onto the royal bed behind them, slamming their just bandaged arm on the wall. The motion caused a loud bang sound to come out of Lael. A few birds letting out alarmed cries until they settled down and realized it wasn't anything of a threat. Lael felt their eyes start burning as tears began building up, this was the breaking point. Constantly getting captured and locked away, Mako never leaving them alone, getting closer to Glory yet fell right as the beast dragged them away.

"Are you alright?" A soft voice spoke to Lael, causing them to look up at them. There was a shadow ridden on the wall that came close to Lael. "Um, yea. Who are you?"
The shadow let out an echoed giggle and started taking form; the bed rattling slightly. "The name's Mist, and you won't have to remember me!"

"Yea, I would've expected a name like that

"Yea, I would've expected a name like that."
"Flattering," Mist groaned out. The shadow crawled down to Lael. The room turned dark and filled with shadows, shaking as it opened its eyes further. Lael felt their eyes swell up with tears as they began uncontrollably sobbing.

"What the fuck was that?" Mist let out an empty laugh as the tears fell into their darkened hands. Lael's cry dissipated as the tears and the choked up feeling was taken away and Mist's shadow faded back into one blob. It disappeared after one blink.

"Lucky bastard, you just get to leave." Lael scoffed as they laid down and fell asleep.