A Dagger To Find The Key (ch8)

!swearing, mentions of (inexplicit) smut!

  "Keep moving, we're almost there."
The duo were walking down into the dungeon, going straight towards Lael's cell. They knew it was coming but the fact it was happening now.. it's scary. The runaway was thrown into their cell, hitting against the floor as they looked back towards their captor.
"Don't take that night personal, it never meant anything." The door shut tight and Mako left Lael in stunned silence.

If it didn't mean anything, then why make a big deal about it?
There was no time to think as they felt something graze against their leg, a dead body. The world began to spin as everything came crashing down onto them.
The kiss, the cave, being trapped together, the bed, breaks, that night, nothing is personal.

Were.. were they actually in love? Or is this some side effect of the shoruu? No it can't be. Not in a million years did Lael ever bother to think that this could happen, not with their rival especially. Yet everything led them back to it; to her.
  Now they'd be executed in 3 days because of this whole situation. Now they would never find Glory.
Lael looked back at the dead body, who they be-lovingly named Jeffery, and noticed something in their hand. A key.

꧁꧂

Lael was wandering around the halls of the dungeon, looking for a way out that didn't include going through the main doorway. There were guards almost everywhere and avoiding them was sadly easy, they looked in one direction so they could just sneak behind.
  "And what do you think you're doing brat?"
That's a voice they recognize..

Mako had caught Lael reaching for the window, grabbing and pulling them down from it with a thud. The look on her face seemed both disappointed and amused at the same time, something was going to happen now. Can't do anything without some sort of consequence.
"You hate spending time around me, yet the moment I lock you away from me you try to escape? Are you obsessed with me?"
"Maybe, but that's not the point right now." Lael stood up and pinned Mako to the wall.

"The point is me finding Glory."
"Oh that's cute."

 "You really think you intimidate me, huh Lael?" That's not a nickname

"You really think you intimidate me, huh Lael?" That's not a nickname. They watched as the tables turned and now Lael was the one pinned against the wall, Mako leaning into their face and whispering into their ear.
  "Just admit that you've lost, I've already found my Glory."

My Glory? What did that mean? Lael felt that pressure on their lips as they slowly realized what Mako meant, they were her Glory. A prized possession maybe. This train of thought was derailed as Mako removed something from Lael's possession, a small map that they've had since the start of this journey.
  The kiss was a decoy, Mako had leads now.
"Thanks for the leads baby, you've been a great help." Everything faded to black as Lael was knocked out by the one they called a rival.

꧁꧂

"Stupid brat! Cant you move on already?"
Lael woke up in a different cell, one they didn't see before but one that seemed familiar to other parts of the castle. They sat up and looked out the window, laying eyes upon a garden of shoruu plants. This was a bad situation. If they got out they would immediately be put under that stupid lust spell that destroyed them earlier, they couldn't do that again. Not with Mako, not with anyone else. It didn't matter anyways because the door to the cell was left unlocked, but Lael was greeted by the lady who had captured her and her mind. They were pushed back inside by her and walked inside the cell with them.
Silence filled the room as Mako guarded the door, the two of them locked inside together. "Don't try anything." Lael groaned in frustration as they charged at Mako, throwing a punch that was turned down by a harsh grab on their neck. Mako spoke again, this time more firmer.
"I said, don't try anything." They were freed from her grip as the silence consumed the two, inside and out. Why? Why were they here?

  "Please let me out! I don't want to be here anymore!"
"Yet you keep coming back to me, you say you want to leave but never leave my side."
As the breeze blew distantly, the smell of the shoruu flowers filtered into the small room. Lael held their breath to avoid breathing it in, knowing it was too late to go back from this hellfire of a curse. Mako seem to have no reaction as they took a dagger into their hand and pinned Lael down by their neck.
The motion forced Lael to breathe in the sweet yet horrid smell of the shoruus outside, the dagger being placed against their throat. Their breathing sharpened and sped up as the room began to spin; eyes blurring as they stared up at the princess above them.
"What the hell?"
"Have I ever told you how pretty you look when you're vulnerable?" The dagger came closer to their neck, Lael holding it back from killing them. The fair princess seemed to enjoy seeing the thief like this, the shoruu smell flowing in and out of their noses and the room.

꧁꧂

  The night faded into morning as Lael laid in silence, taking in the events of that night. The rapid escalating of their mood, the noises, the princess letting her high status fall behind her as she acted as a pathetic lady; becoming weak to the smallest things. They found out many things that night.. none of which led to finding Glory...

"Fuck you.. fuck you," they breathed silently and dozed into unconsciousness.

Apologies for the short chapter!! -A