Maze (Ch18)

!swearing!

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

They found it behind a book, how cliche.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Uncovering the switch revealed five others, a password had to be pushed in. Unaware of what would even happen if the password was wrong, they cautiously pushed the buttons in an order they remember being mentioned in the paper.

163452..? Did it work? The sound of a door opening confirmed that it worked as a small groove showed itself to Lael, opening a door in the wall. Grabbing their bag tightly, Lael descended down the stairs, unbothered to close the door because they couldn't bother to be found at this point. Walking downstairs was relatively peaceful for once, the suspension of being chased was gone because it was so late; the stairs were welcoming, the smell of flowers clung to Lael's nose.

The stairs went further down and into a maze, one that they partially memorized from the letter, however, it didn't mention how to get through.
Left, right, left, straight. They scanned the walls and floor for clues on how to get through. An hour passed and they made it to the center. The center of the maze was a small garden with fireflies swarming around freely, Lael taking this opportunity to fucking rest.

Lael woke up about two hours later and continued making their way through the maze, making it halfway through when..

Her voice echoed.

"You should've closed the door behind you."

Shit. Lael began running as Mako came into view behind them, who had climbed over the maze walls in her beast form and transformed back before hitting the ground. They kept running with her tailing behind them, they dodged around corners and managed to lose Mako. Once they looked up.. they saw another door.

What is it with this castle and things being hidden behind closed doors?

They walked slowly and quickly got behind it, closing it as fast as they had entered. Once they were there, behind the door was another library. There were books but Lael couldn't be bothered to read through them, they began ripping the room apart, piece by piece.
The carpet was ripped off the floor, the books were thrown from the shelves, tables and chairs were knocked over. This room would be a mess, god help the next person to enter it. In the sheer heat of frustration, Lael turned and kicked the shelf. The sound of a drawer opening went off behind Lael.

They quickly rushed over to the drawer and ripped the drawer out, carrying it with them as they bashed the table inwards. There, a trapdoor was found. The letter had  mentioned it.

"Oh, this is gonna be great to shove into that bastard's face."

Lael jumped down.