Darling? (ch17)

!swearing, (inexplicit) smut!

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"Wanna get out of here?"
"Sure."

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

The two walked through the gardens, crickets buzzing their annoying songs. There was an unspoken agreement that they wouldn't address whatever happened in the ballroom. Lael couldn't get it out of their mind though, reaching for and holding Mako's hand. There was rising tension, the realization of holding hands with a rival aiding its rise, but it wasn't just hatred; something else was here.
If they could forget Glory for just a moment, it would be now. As they walked through the royal gardens, Lael took note of its landscape in case of needing to run away, Mako noting the way Lael was looking around. She could see the wheels turning in their head, she chuckled.

"If you want to leave, then be my guest. You know I'll be right behind you, darling."
"Yea I know, wait, what the fuck did you just call me?"
"What? Not fond of the new name? Shall I try something else; something like 'dear' perhaps?"

Lael felt their heart begin beating again, rattling in their chest against their ribs from the pace. They couldn't figure a response out before Mako began leading them to a back room in the garden. Nobody was around.

Absolutely. No one.
"Where are we, uh, where are we going?"
"Somewhere private."
"Why are you taking me there?"

Lack of response was fueling the whirlpool in Lael's head with thoughts of nails clawing up spines and lips against skin, this was a ploy to weaken them. That's what they thought to rationalize it at least, they couldn't bare to think they actually wanted it.
"Please tell me you're not going to actually," Lael hesitated with quickened breaths.

"What?"
"You're turning me on on purpose you bastard."
"Whatever floats your boat dear."
"Please stop calling me that," was all they could mumble out, although their brain shouted otherwise with the new nickname.
Lael couldn't stop the thinking, just one thought after another, clouding any and all rational thinking. Flowers, gorgeous flowers, the smell of it filling their nose as Mako looked down at them. 'Stop it.' They thought this would be over soon but they arrived.

Arrived at the back of the palace where a secluded bedroom had been, supposedly for guests. This one was vacant as opposed to the rest of the rooms containing items belonging to other royals and their servants.
Lael and Mako entered the room, door locked behind them, the tension was enough to drive at least one of them to insanity.

Before Lael could speak, as is per usual, they felt Mako's lips crash against theirs. It was burning with a sense of forbidden love, a strong sense of desperation fueling Lael as they flopped backwards onto the bed. Mako had crawled on top of Lael as they laid back further.

"Please do that again."
"Beg."

Lael pouted at Mako as they grabbed at her top. This was humiliating the way their body was reacting to just this night, the thoughts in their head, and Mako telling them what to do.

"Fucking hell, Mako please just fuck me."
"Maybe I should, let's see what I got to work with."
Lael felt her hands reach for the edge of their pants, pulling at them and then dragging them down.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Nothing but bliss and pleasure was what Lael remembered from that night. That night of the ball.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Walking through the castle while it was dark was terrifying. The shadows seemed to creep around like guards. Lael finally found where that study was and entered, creeping to the back corner and peeking around the shelves for a switch.

They found it behind a book, how cliche.