Learning the Truth...

A/N: Fair warning, this is going to be somewhat angsty, particularly at Sheldon's part. Also, two parts in two days? What?

Leonard: You were at your desk doing your math homework. When you checked your answer, you realized the problem was wrong and looked over your work. You immediately realized what you'd done wrong and went to erase up to there and fix it, but your eraser was gone. No big deal. Dad usually had extras on his desk. So, you walked out to the living room. "Dad?" you called. "Penny? Sheldon? Anyone home?" You walked over to the kitchen and found a note on the fridge.

(Y/N),

Sheldon disappeared. Penny and I are going to look for him. If you have any idea where he went, or if you need anything, call me.

Love,

Dad

Oh. Okay. No problem. You'd just grab an eraser and get back to work. You walked over to his desk and checked the drawers. Nothing. There wasn't one in the pencil holder, which was odd. You began to sort through the papers on the desk and-- wait, were those adoption papers? Against your better judgment, you picked up the papers and looked over them. You froze when you saw your name at the top of the page. You... you were adopted. Your parents abandoned you. They hadn't wanted you. Tears began to fill your eyes, and you wiped them away with a sniffle. No. Not going there. You were going to call your dad and ask about it. That was the best thing to do, you thought. So, with shaking hands, you grabbed your phone and called him. It rang three times before someone picked up.

"(Y/N)?"

"Hey, Penny," you said. "Can I talk to Dad, please?"

"Yeah, of course, he just got in the car. We stopped to get gas. Leonard, it's (Y/N)." There was a moment of quiet where the phone changed hands.

"(Y/N)? What's up?"

"H-hey, Dad, I um...." You took a deep breath. "Did you check the train station? For Sheldon? Or the toy store in Altadena? He mentioned something about there being a sale on that one train set he wanted the other day." Leonard gasped over the phone.

"No, we didn't! Thank you so much, Clone, we'll check there. You're a saint." You laughed.

"No problem, Dad. I love you."

"Love you, too. I'll see you soon, okay? I'll pick up some food from that little Italian place you like. (Favorite Italian food)?" You smile.

"Yeah. Thanks, Dad."

"Bye, (Y/N)." Leonard hung up, and you sighed. He'd tell you when he was ready, you supposed. You spotted an eraser in the corner and grabbed it. You'd finish your homework, then put on Avengers (2012). Everything would be fine.

Sheldon: You and Sheldon were at the grocery store together, doing your weekly ritual of getting food for the apartment. As you went about your routine, you kept seeing the same lady following you. She had (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and (s/c) skin. You tugged Sheldon's sleeve.

"Hey, Dad, I think someone's following us," you whispered. "That lady over there, in the big coat." Sheldon looked behind you.

"Yes, I did notice her... Just ignore her for now. If we find her following us back home, we'll call the police." You nodded and went back to grocery shopping.

"Wait," the woman called. "Please, (Y/N), come back! Come back, please, come back!" You started to feel a bit scared.

"Dad, how does that woman know my name?" When you looked up at him, Sheldon was staring at her, frozen. "Dad?"

"We need to leave," he said.

"Okay."

"Wait! Please, come back! No, no, come back!" Sheldon grabbed your arm and began to run. "STOP!" The woman grabbed your arm, and you screamed.