You're Getting a New Stepparent (Proposal)

Leonard: There was a knock on your bedroom door. You yelled, "Come in!" and set down your sketchpad. Leonard opened the door, smiling, with Penny right behind him. "Hey, kiddo," he said. "We've got some news." A big grin spread across your face.

"You're finally getting married?" Leonard's face fell and Penny gasped. Your grin grew bigger. "You are?!"

"Well, yeah, but you weren't supposed to guess right away," Leonard groaned. You squealed and leaped off your bed, running to give the two of them a big hug. You squeezed them both as tightly as you could. Penny quickly reciprocated, and Leonard patted you on the back.

"Congratulations!" You cheered. "I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thanks, (Y/N)," they said.

"I've been waiting for this forever. Who else knows?" Leonard and Penny smiled at each other.

"You were the first one we told," Leonard said. You hugged him tighter.

"We've got to tell everyone. And then, I'm going to plan you the best party ever." Leonard grinned, and Penny laughed nervously.

"I have a few questions."

Sheldon: "I'm what?" You asked, shock washing over you.

"You're getting a mom! I proposed to Amy, and she said yes!" your dad cheered.

"Wait, so you're at Princeton? When did you get there? And why now?"

"I got here a few minutes ago. Dr. Nowitzki kissed me, and I realized I only ever wanted to kiss Amy for the rest of my life. So, I proposed." You sighed.

"That's... sweet, Dad. I'm glad you're okay. Congratulations."

"Wait, you didn't tell (Y/N) you were leaving?" you heard Amy ask. "Are they going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine," you said. "I'll just stay over at Leonard and Penny's. It's not like it's a thirty-mile trek up a mountain."

"Still, it was irresponsible of me to leave you like that. I'm sorry, (Y/N)." You sighed again.

"Don't worry about it, Dad. If the social worker comes by, we'll just tell her that you had a last-minute business trip. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, (Y/N). I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye, Dad." As soon as you hung up the phone, you shrieked with joy. Your dad was marrying Amy!

Howard: It was Chinese night at Sheldon and Leonard's house. Everybody was enjoying their favorite dishes. It was nice, but you couldn't stop bouncing your knee or tapping your fingers on your leg or the side of the container. Bernadette looked up at you. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" she asked. "Is something bothering you?" You shook your head.

"Nope!" you said, the biggest grin on your face. "Everything's perfect. I'm doing great." Howard gave you a look while Bernadette nodded.

"Okay, if you say so," she said. Ever since your dad told you he was planning on proposing to Bernadette, you couldn't contain your excitement. They'd hit a bit of a rough patch, but you believed they'd pull through. You knew Howard loved Bernadette, and you thought she felt the same. You loved them both, too, and you already saw Bernadette as a mom. All that was left was for her to say yes.

Dinner progressed as normal until Howard set down his food and said, "Everybody, I've got something I wanna ask Bernadette, and I can't think of a better time than when I'm with all my friends and the best daughter a guy could ask for." You sat up straighter. It was happening. 

"Oh, hold on, Howard, there's lots of better times," Leonard said.

"Leonard, please, the man is talking, let him get it out and let the chips fall where they may," Raj said with a grin.