2-Pride Of A Witch

Rocky and Clef make their way quickly to 239's room. Before Rocky can even raise his hand to knock, the door flies open.

Inside, the little witch girl floats cross-legged above her bed. "What do you want, great wolf?"

Rocky walks inside as the door slams in Clef's face.

He turns and leans against the wall, his hands behind his head. "You could have just politely asked me to leave.. brat." He mutters.

Rocky steps forward a few more steps before stopping. "We need your help."

"Your director needs my help.. you, on the other hand, do not truly need anything from me." She says turning up her nose. "I do not owe your director any loyalty."

"Then.. would you help as a favor to me?" Rocky asks gently.

"No." The girl answers shortly.

Rocky crosses his arms. "You are not making this easy on me." He groans.

The girl glares down at him. "And you are not fulfilling your obligations to US!!" She growls.

"How am I suppose to do that without the answers I seek!!" Rocky snaps back.

"You had the answers to so many problems before, why not now?!" The girl says mockingly.

They glare at each other for a moment, neither one blinking. 

Rocky searches her eyes, before testing his now growing concern. "Don't you miss 343?" He asks gently.

The girl's eyes do not weaver. "That old fool has left me behind to play savior to a bunch of peasants!! I hope he never finds the answers he seeks!!"

Rocky relaxes. "Then the sin of pride has taken you.." He mutters.

"I am sure I do not know what you are talking about." The girl replies, turning her nose up again.

Rocky grins and then turns away. 'This is a long shot, but here go!' He says to himself in thought. "I guess Dr. Clef was right! You are just a useless brat that could never hope to match 343!" He says mocking 239.

The girl's eyes again turn and glare at Rocky, as he heads for the door. "I AM A HUNDRED TIMES THE REALITY BENDER THAT OLD FOOL IS!!" She shouts.

'Hook, line, and sinker!' He exclaims happily in thought. "Not from our perspective.. You have locked yourself away, just like your mentor." Rocky continues mocking 239. "You are not better than him, you are exactly the same as him. Just another lazy little girl."

"NO! I am BETTER than HIM!!" The girl roars, the room wrapping with the sound of her voice.

'Here is hoping I am right..' Rocky thinks.

'You are hoping that only one sin can affect an individual at a time?' A calm male voice asks in thought.

'Yes.. I am very much hoping wrath will never show itself.' Rocky replies.

'Wishful thinking or the delusions of a husband and father?' The voice asks.

'Perhaps both..' Rocky groans. "SHOW ME, YOU LAZY BRAT!!" He shouts at 239. "DRAG YOUR MENTOR BACK HERE!!"

239 rears back, clenching her teeth. "I will show you.. I WILL SHOW ALL OF YOU!!" With a massive wave of psychic energy, she blasts through her cell door and down the hall.

Rocky slowly walks out of the room, his eyes grey, as Clef lets out a long whistle.

"You sure lit a fire under her ass!" He says jokingly.

"It was the only way.. 239 has been taken by pride. Manipulating her intentions was.. child's play." Rocky replies calmly.

Clef snickers. "That is a really bad pun!"