9- Dispair.

Later that day, Rocky explains to Jennifer the events that unfolded and his introduction to their fifteen-year-old daughter. Jennifer is overall confused by the appearance of an older version of the child in her arms but she does her best to console Rocky's anger towards Lucifer.

Jennifer looks down at their, now two-year-old, daughter. "So.. The remaining time is merging?"

After pacing the floor, Rocky collapses onto the couch with a heavy sigh. "Apparently.. I don't know what I can do!"

Jennifer lays her head on Rocky's shoulder. "From what I gather, all we can do is plan ahead so we can save the next dimension."

Rocky puts one of his hands over his face. "But what if I can not save everyone?" He asks sadly.

Jennifer raises her head and plants a kiss on Rocky's cheek. "Then you save who you can, and regret nothing. It is all for the greater good."

This seems to do little to ease Rocky's mind, nor improve his mood. 

In another part of the facility, 953 skips happily down the hall, passing staff as she goes about her business. She makes her way to 106's cell. Upon entering she becomes quickly aware that the normal tar portal is not available to her. She rips up a floor tile and then begins sniffing around the cell. 953 is noticeably distressed as she hurries out of 106's cell and makes her way straight to Rocky and Jennifer's room.

She knocks heavily upon the door until Rocky answers it. "There is something wrong! Lawrence is not.. he has disappeared!" She exclaims in a distressed tone.

Rocky sleepily rubs his eyes. "Are you sure he is not just busy?" 

953 nods wildly. "He would NEVER deny ME, of all people, entry into his pocket dimension! There are always two portals open to me.. the one I showed you and another under the floor. Both are gone!" She exclaims as tears slowly begin to fill her eyes and roll down her cheeks. "Please! I know I have never been the best of company, but PLEASE help me figure out what is going on!" She begs.

Rocky looks back at Jennifer, a worried expression adorns her face. "Okay. I know if anything was to happen to my loved ones, I would not rest until I got answers." He smiles sadly at Jennifer. "I will be back."

"Take your time, sweety." Jennifer replies as he walks out, closing the door behind him. She then lays back down, curling up with her daughter in her arms. "I was afraid of this.." She whispers sadly.

Rocky exits the room and follows 953 as she continues to sniff the air.

"I have a scent to follow. I just didn't want to follow it without someone to back me up." 953 says as she advances forward.

Rocky follows silently, skeptical of what they will discover.

They near the staff med room where they find Dr. Therman and Dr. Collingwood standing over a crying Sophia. Sophia is covered, up to her waist, in black tar.

"IT BURNS!!!" Sophia cries.

Dr. Therman turns to Rocky. "I was just about to call you. We have need of your special talent to safely remove the tar."

"Who is this young lady?" Dr. Collingwood asks.

Rocky sighs. "She is my fifteen-year-old daughter.." He says, stepping forward and getting to work removing the tar. He looks up at Sophia. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know! After the challenge, I reappeared in this time!" Sophia replies in sobs.

"Why are you covered in Lawrence's tar?!" 953 asks harshly.