11- Compromise

The following days pass normally.. Guards and researchers continue about their official business. Dr. Clef, Sasha, and 999 passes by 953's room. They pause as they hear a muffled sobbing coming from inside.

Dr. Clef turns to Sasha. "Since I am babysitting this slime today.. do you think he could cheer her up?"

Sasha shakes her head. "This is not something 999 would be able to help with. The feeling of sorrow would only return the minute she thought of 106. It is better to let her work it out herself." She replies as she urges Clef on.

Meanwhile, in 343's room, 343, Lucifer, and Rocky sit opposite one another, at a round table. 

Lucifer seems particularly agitated as he argues 343 withheld time-sensitive information from him. Rocky argues that Lucifer's motives are equally as suspicious and secretive. 343 argues that Lucifer should not have allowed Sophia to cross her own timeline, as that may have caused the acceleration of the years. They continue to argue until Lucifer pulls the contract from thin air and holds it out to 343 and Rocky.

"Tear this with me!" He demands.

Rocky looks at 343 and then back to Lucifer. "Why should we?"

"So we can form a new contract between the three of us!" Lucifer growls.

Rocky rolls his eyes. "I am really getting tired of this run-around. 

"No more secrets, no more complications.. let's end this." Lucifer urges.

"'End' as in..?" 343 asks.

"I mean, let's move to the next dimension.. now." Lucifer replies, waving the contract at them.

Rocky stands with a furious slam of his fist on the table. "You mean to tell me you want to end this quicker?! And what of my time with my family?!! Am I to continue to throw away everything for you two?!!"

"Mr. Hagino, please. It is for the greater good!" 343 comments.

Rocky quickly and effortlessly picks up the table and throws it across the room. "SCREW YOUR GREATER GOOD!! I have a wife and daughter!!"

"I have a daughter too, Mr. Hagino. You do not see me complaining!" Lucifer snaps back.

Rocky quickly advances on Lucifer, grabs him, and picks him up out of his chair. "WHO ARE YOU?!!"

Lucifer looks Rocky in the eyes and smiles. "[REDACTED]."

Before Lucifer can speak, Rocky grabs his head. He groans and falls to his knees as a rush of pain and screaming static fills his head.

Lucifer looks at 343. "Are you doing that?!"

343 quickly gets up and kneels next to Rocky. "No. I don't know what is happening."

Rocky screams as a red aura flashes around him.

Lucifer begins backing away. "He has been chosen."

343 tries to put Rocky to sleep. "I am sorry, Mr. Hagino. I can't stop this, but I can slow it."

Lucifer grabs 343's arm. "Why are you wasting energy on him?! Just let him go berserk so we can move on!"

343 yanks his arm away from Lucifer and continues to put Rocky to sleep. "If he goes berserk now all the others will follow in suit. If that happens, Rocky will mindlessly tear his family and everyone else into bloody gory pieces. Do you want to see your daughter torn apart?!!"

Lucifer crosses his arms. "I..."

"That's right! Tell me how you have watched it happen so many times before!! Tell me how it doesn't bother you anymore!!" 343 interrupts.