12- Descent Into Madness

As the armageddon protocol is enacted, some SCP Foundation members take cover. Iris is one of those who locks herself in her room. MTF Teams, tasked with carrying out the order, begin beating down doors. When they reach Iris' room the commander of the NTF team knocks lightly on her door.

"Iris.. you know what order we were given. Please open the door. I would rather not be unpleasant with you." The female commander says calmly.

Iris puts her back to the wall to the right of the door. "I do know! By all accounts, I should be carrying out the same order, but forgive me if I do not wish to die by your hand!" Iris replies.

"Please, Iris.. I only want to make this quick. I take no pleasure in killing a friend." The commander rebuts.

Gunfire can be heard throughout the facility.

"If it is not me, it will be someone else." The commander adds sadly.

Iris holds her pistol at the ready. "I.. would rather take my chances!"

The commander sighs and turns to her platoon. "Blow the door." She orders.

She steps back and a member of her team brings explosives forward. Before he can place them, Abel rushes in and beheads the entire team. On the other side of the door, Iris hears the bodies hit the floor, but she remains on guard. Abel grabs the door handle and crushes the door in one swift motion. Iris comes out quickly and points her gun at him, but Abel grabs it, keeping it from firing.

"Easy there, I have a lot to do today, and I can't take the time to regenerate!" He says with a smile.

Iris glares at him. "Are you enacting their orders too?!"

Abel shakes his head. "I only came to protect you. From the sound of things I may have my hands full!"

Iris grabs Abel and pulls him into the room as 096 runs by in a fit of rage. "Fix the door." She demands.

Abel shrugs and does his best to bend the crushed door back into place. Afterwhich, He turns back to Iris and receives a surprise kiss. His eyes widen as he feels tears rolling down her face. He parts from her. 

"What is wrong?!" Abel asks.

Iris looks at the floor. "Abel.. you know you can not protect me forever. Eventually, this conflict will get the best of both of us.."

Abel holds Iris close. "I would do anything for you!"

Iris looks up locking eyes with Abel. "Then.. I want you to kill me." She says sadly.

Abel steps back in surprise. "I wouldn't.. I.. couldn't!!!"

Iris slowly drops to her knees. "It is not like we will not see each other again.. but if I am to die, I would rather it be by your hand."

Abel bows his head. "Are you sure this is what you want..?"

Iris slowly nods.

"I.. need to hear you say it.. one last time." Abel says, hanging his head and drawing his sword.

Iris smiles gently. "I love you, Abel!"

Without hesitation, Abel swings his sword and beheads Iris. He then turns away and kicks out the door. As he looks up a dark aura envelops his body, his eyes and tattoos glow red. He silently proceeds down the hall, crushing the NTF agents' heads under his feet as if they were no obstacle.

Lucifer peeks around a corner, further behind Abel. "Ah! So the sin of greed found a new host! Breaking his tie to Iris and his lust for battle must have triggered it!" He says happily. "Although.. I was hoping Greed would have chosen Sophia.." He then shrugs. "Oh well!"